TRIP DOOMED FROM THE START

My entire group was still planning to travel 03/15/2020 on Anthem of the Seas and they cancelled all 30 of us because I had to cancel  my mother and aunt who are elderly!  They did not even call anyone  in the group to confirm this.  Just received a random email in the middle of the night showing all of our excursions, shows, dining plans cancelled.   After 5 hours of my life they have now at least restored my cabin reservations but i have had to rebook everything else and it cost an extra 15.00 per person now for the water park!   I am so angry right now I could scream.   How can you be so reckless to people who are still trying to  be  loyal?

Grandeur of the Seas 01/03/2019

Anthem of the Seas 03/15/2020 Maybe ?

Independence of the Seas 08/22/2020 Maybe ? 

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

OMG that is horrible. I would be in a puddle of tears in the living room floor.  So, out of 30 people, only 2 are left ?

no only two cancelled,  because of their health and ages.  The rest of us  (28) are all planning to travel, so our group leader and I have been on the phone for hours getting things reinstated.  And the rep. lied and said they were going to comp our gratuities and then a supervisor said no.   I am trying to get over anger now because I want to give the crew the benefit of the doubt as I know this has to be a stressful situation for them as well.  But it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth right now. Thanks @Matt for having someplace where I can still see the good side of things. 

4 minutes ago, shaydav19 said:

no only two cancelled,  because of their health and ages.  The rest of us  (28) are all planning to travel, so our group leader and I have been on the phone for hours getting things reinstated.  And the rep. lied and said they were going to comp our gratuities and then a supervisor said no.   I am trying to get over anger now because I want to give the crew the benefit of the doubt as I know this has to be a stressful situation for them as well.  But it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth right now. Thanks @Matt for having someplace where I can still see the good side of things. 

Well, that’s a bit better but still...so much unnecessary stress and work.  Deep breath.  It’s gonna be ok...???

3 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

With the way things in the news cycle are going today...........don't be surprised if you don't go anyway.

Yes I haven't paid for anything else yet as I am waiting on the news from the Presidents news conference.   Just holding everything in the cruise planner until tonight. 

19 minutes ago, shaydav19 said:

We went through the groups department directly and had no trouble, until this 

Sounds overwhelming...I know my travel agent has been putting in very long days...I am sure it's no exception for the staff at the cruise lines, especially with the suspensions that were just announced. Let's hope this ends soon.

Your group's cancellation may have been an accident, a misunderstanding, or they may have already known you weren't really going to sail, but I wouldn't have bothered trying to rebook everything.  There was no way Royal was going to continue sailing much longer in the current environment.  Even if your cruise had started on Sunday, it would have been turned back.