Canada bans cruise ships till July

Isn’t there now an extension of the ban on cruise ships in U.S. waters for another 100 days?

As a Canadian, I’m dismayed at States, institutions and people who do not see the value of social distancing and continue to downplay the extent and severity of the illness that Covid-19 causes for people of all age ranges. This virus will continue to flare up in communities for weeks and months to come, without a concerted effort to control it.

I, for one, do not want to see any Alaska-bound or ‘Fall foliage’ cruises make ports of call in Canadian waters this Summer and Fall.

Canadians are sacrificing much to try to control this virus, and we do don’t believe, as a society, that it’s “OK” for some of us to get sick and die in order for a majority to exercise their “liberties” and “entitled privileges”, esp. regarding unnecessary travel.

This is neither an “anti-American” nor “anti-tourist” sentiment, but rather a call to not be selfish.

Re-work your plans and book for 2021.

59 minutes ago, GrandmaAirplane said:

As a Canadian, I’m dismayed at States, institutions and people who do not see the value of social distancing and continue to downplay the extent and severity of the illness that Covid-19 causes for people of all age ranges. 

I can't even get my 911 dispatchers to social distance from each other, despite everything we've done to protect them.  It's hopeless.  I LITERALLY give up.

3 hours ago, GrandmaAirplane said:

Canadians are sacrificing much to try to control this virus, and we do don’t believe, as a society, that it’s “OK” for some of us to get sick and die in order for a majority to exercise their “liberties” and “entitled privileges”, esp. regarding unnecessary travel.

This is neither an “anti-American” nor “anti-tourist” sentiment, but rather a call to not be selfish.

Not just Candians 'are sacrificing much to control this virus'. Everyone, all around the world, is. There are some uninformed statements out there saying we need to open things up before they know the full impact but who is living life right now? We're all living a different life than we were in 2019. I do understand your 'call not to be selfish' and I am with you 100%.

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I can't even get my 911 dispatchers to social distance from each other, despite everything we've done to protect them.  It's hopeless.  I LITERALLY give up.

Things around me have pretty much shutdown but I'm curious how the holidays effect people's behavior. I already know I can't see any of my family and none of us will see anyone else but I have a few friends who think it's okay to see their family for the day. I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, ellcee said:

Things around me have pretty much shutdown but I'm curious how the holidays effect people's behavior. I already know I can't see any of my family and none of us will see anyone else but I have a few friends who think it's okay to see their family for the day. I don't get it.

I really don't know.  It's not a holiday for me, so I really don't notice what other people do.  But we're all used to working on holidays.