Mariner of the Seas

Cmaccullen

My husband and I went on Mariner this past January for our honeymoon. We did not try any specialty restaurants (and kind of regret not trying at least one). We heard Chops Grill was really good!! I really wanted to try Izumi but my husbands hates Chinese food/hibachi and sushi. We really enjoyed the Dog House and I ordered some fries at Playmakers which were actually pretty damn good (Playmakers you do have to pay for the food. Fries were about $3). Also, by the pool is a self-serve soft serve ice cream!! At Coco Cay, they have a make your own taco bar which was AMAZING!! They had fresh ingredients and all the toppings you could think of. Matt always talks about how good the chicken sandwich is (check out his YouTube channel)!!

Honestly though, the food in the main dinning room was really good! If you make a reservation (my time dinning), you have a pretty good chance at sitting at a table with just the two of you. We are fortunate enough to go on another cruise at the end of September on Oasis and will be doing a specialty restaurant for our 1 yr wedding anniversary!!

15 minutes ago, Kayleigh said:

My husband and I went on Mariner this past January for our honeymoon. We did not try any specialty restaurants (and kind of regret not trying at least one). We heard Chops Grill was really good!! I really wanted to try Izumi but my husbands hates Chinese food/hibachi and sushi. We really enjoyed the Dog House and I ordered some fries at Playmakers which were actually pretty damn good (Playmakers you do have to pay for the food. Fries were about $3). Also, by the pool is a self-serve soft serve ice cream!! At Coco Cay, they have a make your own taco bar which was AMAZING!! They had fresh ingredients and all the toppings you could think of. Matt always talks about how good the chicken sandwich is (check out his YouTube channel)!!

Honestly though, the food in the main dinning room was really good! If you make a reservation (my time dinning), you have a pretty good chance at sitting at a table with just the two of you. We are fortunate enough to go on another cruise at the end of September on Oasis and will be doing a specialty restaurant for our 1 yr wedding anniversary!!

Thank you so much for the reply. We really want to try the wings at playmakers. Nothing sounds better right now than some beer, wings and fries. 

• 2 weeks later...