Room upgrade, agian

basil

I have read all the threads on this question, but I have to ask again.  We are in the spacious aqua suite with the large balcony on the SOTS in April. The cruise is paid off, there is no upgrade I want, but it is now cheaper. Am I just out of luck? Any suggestions?  Also with all the other stuff going on, do I even try? #stillgoing!!!

10 minutes ago, basil said:

I have read all the threads on this question, but I have to ask again.  We are in the spacious aqua suite with the large balcony on the SOTS in April. The cruise is paid off, there is no upgrade I want, but it is now cheaper. Am I just out of luck? Any suggestions?  Also with all the other stuff going on, do I even try? #stillgoing!!!

I suspect you are out of luck.  I'm not even sure it would be worth trying to sit on hold forever for it.  

On another note, nice hippo.

19 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, unfortunately, unless there is one of the big Star Class suites up on 17 that is available for less than you paid for your suite, you are just out of luck.  ??

That is ok. We really wanted that room. I'm not really sad about it, as long as I am on a cruise.

You may not be interested in this...but could you cancel under the new Cruise with Confidence policy, get your full fare credited for a future cruise, and then re-book at the lower price?  In that scenario, you wouldn't get your money back but you might get a credit that you could use for a future cruise.  Just a thought...

4 minutes ago, Jac said:

You may not be interested in this...but could you cancel under the new Cruise with Confidence policy, get your full fare credited for a future cruise, and then re-book at the lower price?  In that scenario, you wouldn't get your money back but you might get a credit that you could use for a future cruise.  Just a thought...

That might be a plan. There is a $3000.00 dollar difference. That is the price of a cruise in a balcony!

1 hour ago, Jac said:

Yes, you can definitely do that but you would have to fund the entire “new” cruise with “new” money.  They would not allow you to use your FCC for the cruise from which it was generated.  There is also a possibility that you would not be able to get your original room back.  Something to think about, though.