Brevard Public schools

Bean79

We just received our call, all Hillsborough & Pasco County Florida students, if leaving the Country or going on a cruise for Spring Break (next week) they will be not allowed to return to school. Must have completed the 14 day self quarantine plus a Doctor note with a clean bill of health before return. At least here in Pasco County Florida they have just affirmed they are on board (sad tears insert here due to pun) to institute distance learning via the schools portal and platforms to alleviate the pain of the 14 day absence. For whatever reason this year the sailing I wanted was sold out during spring break so we opted for something else, little miracles. I stand here and pray for this thing to just go away, and count my blessings....especially when washing my hands.  Sure enough, there is no TP anywhere, and little water ..... empty shelves in Publix and Wal Mart.  We are used to hurricanes so we are always well prepared but this just needs to END! Be safe & stay healthy everyone! 

hip hop love GIF by Andrew Deitsch Podcast

28 minutes ago, Neesa said:

We just received our call, all Hillsborough & Pasco County Florida students, if leaving the Country or going on a cruise for Spring Break (next week) they will be not allowed to return to school. Must have completed the 14 day self quarantine plus a Doctor note with a clean bill of health before return. At least here in Pasco County Florida they have just affirmed they are on board (sad tears insert here due to pun) to institute distance learning via the schools portal and platforms to alleviate the pain of the 14 day absence. For whatever reason this year the sailing I wanted was sold out during spring break so we opted for something else, little miracles. I stand here and pray for this thing to just go away, and count my blessings....especially when washing my hands.  Sure enough, there is no TP anywhere, and little water ..... empty shelves in Publix and Wal Mart.  We are used to hurricanes so we are always well prepared but this just needs to END! Be safe & stay healthy everyone! 

I also live in Florida.. I just don't understand why people are hoarding water.. For instance my refrigerator makes water and I drink that daily.. If I had to be quarentined its not like my fridge would stop making water like as if it were a hurricane and we lost power.. Just makes no sense to me. 

Just returned from a mini-grocery shopping event. First time since my knee surgery. Surprisingly, shelves were pretty full.  Everything but TP.  We just laughed. We are good with TP so it wasn’t an issue.  Plenty of bread, eggs, milk, fruit and other perishables.  I’m grateful.  Tired though. Big outing for me !  ??

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

Just returned from a mini-grocery shopping event. First time since my knee surgery. Surprisingly, shelves were pretty full.  Everything but TP.  We just laughed. We are good with TP so it wasn’t an issue.  Plenty of bread, eggs, milk, fruit and other perishables.  I’m grateful.  Tired though. Big outing for me !  ??

Glad you're feeling well enough to be up and about! 

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

I stand here and pray for this thing to just go away, and count my blessings....especially when washing my hands.  Sure enough, there is no TP anywhere, and little water ..... empty shelves in Publix and Wal Mart.  We are used to hurricanes so we are always well prepared but this just needs to END! Be safe & stay healthy everyone! 

TP aisle at our Publix. Yes we Floridians are used to hurricanes and stay prepared but this is ridiculous.  And as far as we know,  everybody will still have power and water. Nobody has said otherwise. 

4640.thumb.jpeg.28a0522bb395023650438623113ed858.jpeg

On 3/13/2020 at 10:50 AM, Bean79 said:

Just sent out a text if any student or faculty goes on a cruise they must self isolate for 14 days upon return. Looks like I am canceling my April 24th.

I was really upset when this came out, because the schools sent this out on the first day of spring break

In the end, it didn't matter because Royal Caribbean halted all its sailings and school is closed for a couple weeks.