Maryland doesn't want to be outdone with the stupidity

19 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I love the heading of this thread :4_joy:

I literally just had to put my "protect the family from stupid people emergency plan"

Grocery shopping friday afternoon since the store will be empty on Sunday when we usually go
Stock up on junk food since the kids will be home schooling for the next two weeks
Cash out of the bank

Pure lunacy. 

I used to think the Franco Prussian War was probably close to the top of the list of the greatest over reactions in history.........today I consider it to have been dropped a peg

Folks,

There is a rationale for these actions, whether you may agree or not.  Google "flatten the curve".  Briefly, by buying time preventing the expansion of this illness, one increases the chances that the healthcare system will not become overburdened with patients needing critical care.  The model acknowledges that inconvenience and lifestyle disruptions will occur, but the alternative could be much worse.

That said, does anybody know where I can score some TP???

I guess for once in our lives, Dan and I actually got ahead of the toilet paper stampede.  We went to BJ's just before I had my knee surgery and stocked up on all things paper.  We actually got Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, toilet paper AND beer AND water.  Those items have long since been picked clean so I'm thrilled that we went early. #theupsidetohavingkneesurgery.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

I guess for once in our lives, Dan and I actually got ahead of the toilet paper stampede.  We went to BJ's just before I had my knee surgery and stocked up on all things paper.  We actually got Clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, toilet paper AND beer AND water.  Those items have long since been picked clean so I'm thrilled that we went early. #theupsidetohavingkneesurgery.

Well, the beer and water are the most important things.  Just be sure not to confuse the Clorox wipes and TP...

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Just left today, got some TP from BJ's due to the fact that I live in a house with four women and there are only two rolls of TP left!  Needless to say they have restrictions and you are only able to purchase 2 packs per person and I was grateful just to get one.  Costco was sold completely out of TP, wipes, disinfectant, water, and paper towels! I was there not long after they opened and got in and out without any issues, I had a friend that went several hours after I did and he stated that they actually had a line going halfway around BJ's in order to pick up TP!  This whole thing is absolutely crazy!  We have a few cases of the virus here in VA but it is not that serious as of yet (knock on wood). 

20 hours ago, dodgestang said:

I've got your TP hookup.........not sure I can ship them to you....with everything around me closed ?

lol don't bother. Here in SF the delivery companies are now requiring someone to be present to sign for deliveries of TP. Too many people are stealing them off their neighbors' porches. ?

Not just Maryland.  All of Canada now.

"COVID-19 live updates: Cruise ships banned from docking in Canada if they have more than 500 people."

https://edmontonsun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-live-updates-classes-suspended-at-the-university-of-alberta/wcm/f83c2a83-f70a-4213-a1e4-9940bf105bb1?fbclid=IwAR0i52xo_lSO5NLXkAAQxz3n8EuuPfFWKkzHiXl-LVvb4r_9yI5Zq0uoRXE

13 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Not just Maryland.  All of Canada now.

"COVID-19 live updates: Cruise ships banned from docking in Canada if they have more than 500 people."

https://edmontonsun.com/news/local-news/covid-19-live-updates-classes-suspended-at-the-university-of-alberta/wcm/f83c2a83-f70a-4213-a1e4-9940bf105bb1?fbclid=IwAR0i52xo_lSO5NLXkAAQxz3n8EuuPfFWKkzHiXl-LVvb4r_9yI5Zq0uoRXE

Well.....

My April 16 sailing remains in Limbo because of the port of Baltimore closing indefinitely....so we are just in a wait and see mode

My August 2 sailing out of Vancouver is now in Jeopardy

Good times.

It’s at this point in your pandemic I would like to point out......I really do have a shirt for any occasion

As well as if you look close....you will also see some Governor somewhere giving a speech about how speed is of the essence.....with boxes of test kits, cases of water, and cartons of TP behind him..........for the photo op

89436548_10216029631718595_1617332186564788224_o.thumb.jpg.26e1ee1949afeb7fa9e076128830fe2f.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 3:02 PM, RHR313 said:

We were scheduled for the Grandeur of Seas on April 4, 2020 but opted to cancel.  Although very disappointed, we decided be be cautious. 

You pulled the trigger a bit too soon. Bigger FCC for cancellation by Royal Caribbean instead of by you. :40_rage: