Customer Service

I called this morning and was immediately placed on hold, it was 0745hrs. I placed the phone on speaker and went about my day, probably 12 minutes later I was speaking with a representative. This was a follow up call from last night at about 2230hrs when I was on hold for just minutes. Maybe try an off time if you can. Good luck!

1 minute ago, KyleW2 said:

They just hung up on me after waiting for multiple hours on hold after answering, confirming my reservation number and then just hung up  

Royal Caribbean will have to deal with my credit card company. Not dealing with this again. Poor customer service. 

#1) the value of having a travel agent

#2) I'd arrange to call back another time before ever waiting on hold for multiple hours.

#3) it's very easy to accidentally disconnect a call that you pick up - I've done it myself without ever meaning to.  That's not poor customer service, that's simply human error.

#4) they are insanely busy!  I can't believe people are judging them harshly during this cluster**** (choose your own word).

7 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

#3) it's very easy to accidentally disconnect a call that you pick up - I've done it myself without ever meaning to.  That's not poor customer service, that's simply human error.

Failing to take steps to reconnect with the accidental disconnect is, in fact, poor customer service. They have access to the number from which you are calling. They have access to your contact information from the reservation they just confirmed. Failing to correct their error is inexcusable, even during a cluster****.

2 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Failing to take steps to reconnect with the accidental disconnect is, in fact, poor customer service. They have access to the number from which you are calling. They have access to your contact information from the reservation they just confirmed. Failing to correct their error is inexcusable, even during a cluster****.

They probably do (I don't always have access to the number from which someone is calling, so very often I cannot call back if a line is dropped), but when lines are ringing off the hook it isn't always easy to see a lost one or remember which one was lost.  I'm just saying that it's a bit hasty to be pissed off about one incident like this.   

My take on it is this (for what it's worth, I'm a nobody).  We are trying to deal with our vacations. VACATIONS.  The people on the other end of the line, whether they are cruise line employees or travel agents, are dealing with the prospect of "what's going to happen with my job, this is getting out of control".  Would it be great if every single person was able to put that aside and handle 100% of each interaction perfectly? Sure.  But not everyone is equal.  And I'm sure they are trying, and nobody wants to intentionally let a customer down.  But I believe they have to be under a great amount of stress, and it just wouldn't hurt to extend a little understanding.   I'll say no more.

All of these listed above.... is my life daily for all travel suppliers - that can happen when many people are calling into one phone line.  They tell you in the beginning of the call that if you are not traveling in the near future you can wait and call so many situations can wait for a couple of days or weeks depending on your sailing.  

The call center sometimes sees your phone number that you called in from and other times they do not see that.  Royal has hired outside help to help them with the call volumes so will there be mistakes made - oh ya - but right now the travel industry as a whole is overwhelmed with lots of wait times, holds - so this is not just Royal .  I mentioned today to one of our agents that everyone calling in to cancel or change is kinda like every one grabbing Toilet paper and cleaning supplies - EVERYONE is trying to cancel or get the upgrade.  So no one is waiting to call in.

Hang in there guys..... this will pass.

51 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

#1) the value of having a travel agent

#2) I'd arrange to call back another time before ever waiting on hold for multiple hours.

#4) they are insanely busy!  I can't believe people are judging them harshly during this cluster**** (choose your own word).

Can’t call back as my cruise leaves Monday. I spoke with them yesterday to which they did not cancel my cruise like requested as I have gotten no confirmation of any kind whereas others are at least seeing a refund for their onboard stuff (like drink packages, excursions etc) whereas I am still receiving emails telling me to reserve drink packages and stuff. Just frustrating. I am on hold again and will give them another chance and see. 

Edit: Got ahold of them again. Lady confirmed that it is indeed cancelled. I asked about the lack of confirmation emails and she said it takes a few days to go through along with the refunds being delayed (approx 10 days for the FCC and 7 days for the beverage packages). Not quite what I read online. Still concerning since my cruise leaves Monday to have no type of confirmation or information proving the cancellation, but we will see. 

3 minutes ago, Dan Curtis said:

I waited over 20 minutes yesterday, finally gave up. But I get it.

I would give anything for a 20 minutes wait.... we are holding for an hour plus to get thru and that is just with Royal.  There are other suppliers that have taken longer.   We are just working as a team to call take care of what we have as a group and start again.

I just wish they would improve the hold music!

54 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I know for a fact that some call centers are not allowed any outbound calls.    That's frustrating as hell..  but RCL is beyond busy due to what's going on right now.   Can't blame them

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I worked in a call center in college. We couldn't, not we shouldn't... but there was no way to, dial out from the phones lines connected to the computer that had all the contact info on it. Once a call hung up - on the customer's side or mine - all info disappeared from my screen and the next caller's info popped up on my computer. I had a regular old desk phone that I could use, but I wouldn't have had the customer's info written down to call them back. 

Michelle was just on the line trying to help me and she said the lines just went “dead” so I know it’s happening.  There’s just nothing that anyone can do right now. It’s a big fat Charlie Foxtrot and a hot mess.  Nobody’s fault. I just thank God that it’s her doing it and not me !

2 hours ago, KyleW2 said:

They just hung up on me after waiting for multiple hours on hold after answering, confirming my reservation number and then just hung up  

Royal Caribbean will have to deal with my credit card company. Not dealing with this again. Poor customer service. 

Your credit company will not help in this situation. First question they will ask is “have you cancelled with Royal?” “Did they ignore/deny your request?” The answer is no on all counts. Put on your grown up pants, call back, put the phone on speaker, pour a glass of wine, and wait like everyone else. 

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Michelle was just on the line trying to help me and she said the lines just went “dead” so I know it’s happening.  There’s just nothing that anyone can do right now. It’s a big fat Charlie Foxtrot and a hot mess.  Nobody’s fault. I just thank God that it’s her doing it and not me !

I gave my travel agent a standing ovation.

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I used Michelle with your recommendations and she has been amazing in helping me after I cancelled on my own!

31 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Your credit company will not help in this situation. First question they will ask is “have you cancelled with Royal?” “Did they ignore/deny your request?” The answer is no on all counts. Put on your grown up pants, call back, put the phone on speaker, pour a glass of wine, and wait like everyone else. 

A glass of wine certainly sounds nice.

Our TA is overwhelmed they are only accepting cancellations buy mail.

Luckily my cruise is 65 days away and if I cancel before 57 days (UK/Europe) I get a cash refund of everything apart from my deposit which I understand will be a FCC (if RC survive.) 

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, BBB said:

waited on hold for an hour, disconnected.  on hold again and its been over 1 hour.

April 1st 2020  (no this isn't a joke), its actually frustrating....

2020 or 2022? I called today and I was speaking to a representative in less than a minute. Unfortunately the last few times I have called the representatives seemed to be a little out of touch. They are just probably tired of my silly questions or too busy. I like to book things myself but might have to find a good travel agent soon.