Things to know if you are coming to Seattle

As previously mentioned the Port of Seattle is cancelling sailings April 1st and 5th (https://www.portseattle.org/news/port-cancels-first-two-sailings-seattle-cruise-season

Port of Seattle has now banned Seattle as a port of call, meaning if your ship was to stop in Seattle for 1 day it will not now. (Subject to change)

Many restaurants in the Seattle area are closing or reducing operating hours, one of the best know restaurateurs Tom Douglas is closing ALL 21 Restaurants except dahlia bakery for 8 to 12 weeks. ( https://www.tomdouglas.com/restaurants) If you are going to a restaurant best to call and see if they are even still in business. 

Restaurants that have closed permanently: Local 360 (http://www.local360.org/) and Arriba Cantina (https://arribacantina.com/)

I'll post updates as they become available, anyone else feel free to add. Knowledge is power.

11 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Not looking forward to working there the month of April. 

Good news is traffic is down severely, no lines to get a table and most restaurants are having specials. Just bring your own hand sanitizer. The city has lost it's mind and people are hoarding hand sanitizer, wipes, toilet paper why I don't get it? 

9 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Good news is traffic is down severely, no lines to get a table and most restaurants are having specials. Just bring your own hand sanitizer. The city has lost it's mind and people are hoarding hand sanitizer, wipes, toilet paper why I don't get it? 

LOL i was just in Tacoma for a week and experienced the stupidity of those who lost their minds. ?‍♂️

I posted this on C&A society members page on facebook and it was removed within minutes ? Apparently they didn't see my humor ?‍♂️

iu.jpeg

8A13F6BF-6E80-4716-8570-6D1EA0F8C5D6.png

3 minutes ago, mworkman said:

LOL i was just in Tacoma for a week and experienced the stupidity of those who lost their minds. ?‍♂️

Well hopefully you aren't coming for a conference or something similar. There's a ban on gatherings larger than 250 people. Hopefully this does down soon. Don't see this kind of reaction when 92,000 people died in the U.S. alone between October last year and February of influenza virus. 

1 hour ago, 12thman said:

Well hopefully you aren't coming for a conference or something similar. There's a ban on gatherings larger than 250 people. Hopefully this does down soon. Don't see this kind of reaction when 92,000 people died in the U.S. alone between October last year and February of influenza virus. 

I really think people are watching Italy and trying to avoid that situation where their health care facilities just can’t keep up.  Too many sick people in a compressed amount of time.  

37 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I really think people are watching Italy and trying to avoid that situation where their health care facilities just can’t keep up.  Too many sick people in a compressed amount of time.  

Is that really happening ?  I guess I haven't been keeping up with the specifics about Italy.  Is the healthcare system overwhelmed ?

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Is that really happening ?  I guess I haven't been keeping up with the specifics about Italy.  Is the healthcare system overwhelmed ?

From what I’ve been reading (some news stories, some live interviews with Italian officials, and the rest unverified sources) the situation is that the number of people who need respiratory support (ventilators, intubation) exceeds the equipment available.  I hope it’s not true, and I hope it does happen here.  But the goal is to not get too many people into the system at the same time so as to not overwhelm the system.