Anyone not canceling their cruise?

6 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

We are still going on our FOS sailing in May. I hate to say it but my excitement for our cruise is gone at this time. May is a long time away and things are changing daily. I'm not  worried about us since we are not high risk.  My concern would be bringing it home to someone that is high risk.  Praying for normalcy soon.   

Same here. My excitement about going on the 12 day Transatlantic April 12, isn't the same. 

I'm not cancelling my cruise as it isn't until June 15th to Bahamas . If RC cancel then I'll get the cost back or any problems and my credit card company will be liable.

I had pre paid for the Drinks Package though which I have cancelled today. Gets me $750 back in 2 - 3 days. If the cruise does go ahead I'm sure the drinks package price will tumble as they try to lure folks back on board. I'll buy again then. 

Win-Win imo

I will post today as I go through the process what’s it’s like. 

we just boarded serenade in lauderdale. It was no problem at all and there will only be 1,300 people on board!!  The temp scan was super easy and my 5 and 2 year old didn’t mind it at all. They just used a little handheld scanner and out a green light on the forehead. Check in was easy. Going to be a great 10 days!

April 19th on Harmony Eastern Caribbean  - will wait and see how things are going up until the week before. Hopefully with all the aggressive steps being taken we will see some topping out of new cases by then.  if not, will play it safe and cancel. 

Sep Allure Mediterranean out of Barcelona - this is the wife and her 80 year old mother. Obviously will cancel if any risk to her mother but waiting to do anything. 

Dec Oasis Eastern Caribbean - hoping the virus does not regain strength in the cooler months at end of the year. 

Our family has four 2021 cruises booked (Feb - May - July - Sep).  2 Caribbean and 2 Europe.  Not doing anything with those at this time. 

Leaving tomorrow on Symphony.  To anyone going on a cruise in the near future, I would suggest shutting off your social media,  as the shit talking crap you’ll take from your friends and acquaintances will be too much.

i thought we had up until 48 hours to cancel cruise, and wife and I were mulling it over yesterday morning only to learn that we had to cancel midnight the night before.  That made our decision for us.  Not throwing 8k down the drain to avoid a disease that is EVERYWHERE now.   

The world has lost its mind, but I choose to use logic and common sense.  With everything I’m hearing about RC’s steps to screen passengers and precautions on the ship, at this time I feel more confident and safer  taking a cruise than a trip to the local Costco 

17 hours ago, SteveinSC said:

Now THATS how you take it as it comes....highlight the positives. 

Just hit the Florida state line.  Staying at mother in laws in Fort Myers tonight, and if RC ends up cancelling then we’ll look for an Air BnB in the keys or somewhere else for a bit.  Either way I’m not going back to the cold until next weekend!

12 hours ago, Kata said:

Same here. My excitement about going on the 12 day Transatlantic April 12, isn't the same. 

We were on that same cruise but have canceled. Have you thought about flying home now?  Hopefully you are not stuck there. 

Keeping fingers crossed. I had won a free cruise and was supposed to leave on the 26th of March with a group but it has been rescheduled for November. So my wife and I booked with Royal Caribbean and are supposed to leave 25th of March. Hopefully we can continue and Royal Caribbean doesn't suspend operations. We are very determined to continue our trip. 

Bummed out, they just cancelled our March 22 cruise. Understand their reasoning and the pressure they are under so I cannot get upset. Only I was really looking forward to the fewer numbers onboard and the disconnect from work. Now we have to plan for a fall cruise and the kids now want to go.

We made plans last summer to do a Med cruise for the wife’s 50th birthday. Lots of family going. We are supposed to board Rhapsody on June 20 in Venice, which should be interesting with everything that is happening over there. Haven’t bought airline tickets yet, waiting to see what happens as this virus gets worse.