Has anyone moved their cruise to a later date

I am under extreme stress over this, we have our cruise planned for the Mediterranean on Explorer of the seas departing Rome May 27th. My husband wants to wait it out, but I want to move it to end of Summer.  I just don't see it getting any better and I choose this particular cruise because it stops in ALL the places I want to see, I don't want to be denied entry at any port and have to hang out on the ship.  If I wanted to lounge at a pool all day I would have went to an all inclusive.  So is anyone else moving their current cruise a few months out?  or waiting it out?

9 minutes ago, Jewel2020 said:

I am under extreme stress over this, we have our cruise planned for the Mediterranean on Explorer of the seas departing Rome May 27th. My husband wants to wait it out, but I want to move it to end of Summer.  I just don't see it getting any better and I choose this particular cruise because it stops in ALL the places I want to see, I don't want to be denied entry at any port and have to hang out on the ship.  If I wanted to lounge at a pool all day I would have went to an all inclusive.  So is anyone else moving their current cruise a few months out?  or waiting it out?

I think there are plenty of samples of people doing both.  If I were considering postponing, I would be looking for alternative dates and pricing out a resked.  I think many are finding rescheduled dates to be much more pensive than the cruises that they are considering cancelling.

We cancelled our cruise that was to sail March 22 on Oasis. We took the FCC and paid off our next cruise (Holiday Cruise) and about half of our Alaska cruise (July 2021). We were in a suite, so while being stuck in QT wouldn't be roughing it, the time commitment would not have been ideal. So, yes, we used our FCC for two cruises.

41 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

We cancelled our cruise that was to sail March 22 on Oasis. We took the FCC and paid off our next cruise (Holiday Cruise) and about half of our Alaska cruise (July 2021). We were in a suite, so while being stuck in QT wouldn't be roughing it, the time commitment would not have been ideal. So, yes, we used our FCC for two cruises.

Did you have to pay any extras when you rebooked new cruises? Any fees or deposits? I heard from somebody that you have to pay about $500 deposit fee for a new booking  even if your FCC covers it all. Im just very confused now..

8 minutes ago, Tgk79 said:

Did you have to pay any extras when you rebooked new cruises? Any fees or deposits? I heard from somebody that you have to pay about $500 deposit fee for a new booking  even if your FCC covers it all. Im just very confused now..

Nope. A payment is a payment. I had already paid the deposits on those two cruises (months ago/December and before). A deposit is part of the overall cruise fare.

I cancelled my 5/14 cruise on Grandeur and booked the same itinerary (different departure points) on 6/4 aboard Adventure. I put the cruise on Adventure on my credit card, and once my FCC is processed and issued, I'll use it on this new cruise and get the amount back on my card since it will process as an over-payment. And of course, I'll be getting the taxes/fees/prepaid gratuities from my cancelled cruise back as well, separate from the FCC.