New CLIA Proposal

Looks like new restrictions are on the horizon including banning anyone over the age of 70 without a physician note and denying boarding outright if you have a fever of 100.4 or higher instead of moving to a secondary screening. If they keep accelerating the restrictions at this rate we may soon see a time period where all cruises are just canceled. 

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Some people 70+ should be barred from boarding cruise ships, industry proposal says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/03/11/proposal-white-house-cruise-industry-bar-people-70-ships/5020325002/

Whew doggy.  If they start banning the 70-somethings they are going to have a lot of unhappy pinnies.

I understand how they could "ban" people by age group but I don't think they can legally delve into someone's medical history to determine whether or not they are "medically at risk".  There has to be some HIPPA laws somewhere that wouldn't allow that...

12 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Whew doggy.  If they start banning the 70-somethings they are going to have a lot of unhappy pinnies.

I understand how they could "ban" people by age group but I don't think they can legally delve into someone's medical history to determine whether or not they are "medically at risk".  There has to be some HIPPA laws somewhere that wouldn't allow that...

I think it’s all in the wording. You don’t have to dig in to see if someone is medically unfit, but you can require someone to prove that they are medically fit.