Time to lock in them prices

Jason12

Wow !  That's a lot of eatin' !!!  Good for you.  We love the UDP.

You bring up an interesting point.  Will prices for onboard services (drinks, food, internet) stay the same, go up or go down ?  Of course, none of us know the answer to that.  Just postulating...

I have heard that a cruise makes the majority of its "profit" from onboard sales.  The cruise fare is basically "break even" but most, if not all, of a cruise's profits are realized from onboard sales.  With the cruise line losing SO much money right now from cancellations, it seems to me that they would be hesitant to lower the only remaining revenue stream - that of onboard sales.  So far, I haven't really seen any kind of trend.  The so-so sales are there but the really GOOD sales have not been visible (at least on any of my bookings).  We were lucky enough to snatch a 2 person Voom package for the Brilliance group cruise for $18.99 but that was a while back and it hasn't come down to that level again, since.

Anyone else seen any kind of trend with onboard services ?

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wow !  That's a lot of eatin' !!!  Good for you.  We love the UDP.

You bring up an interesting point.  Will prices for onboard services (drinks, food, internet) stay the same, go up or go down ?  Of course, none of us know the answer to that.  Just postulating...

I have heard that a cruise makes the majority of its "profit" from onboard sales.  The cruise fare is basically "break even" but most, if not all, of a cruise's profits are realized from onboard sales.  With the cruise line losing SO much money right now from cancellations, it seems to me that they would be hesitant to lower the only remaining revenue stream - that of onboard sales.  So far, I haven't really seen any kind of trend.  The so-so sales are there but the really GOOD sales have not been visible (at least on any of my bookings).  We were lucky enough to snatch a 2 person Voom package for the Brilliance group cruise for $18.99 but that was a while back and it hasn't come down to that level again, since.

We have deluxe drinks was included when we booked at a silly £1000 pp for a Central  Park view...and when we were on the Oasis in December we loved the new eating places especially the Playmakers ? I will need rolling off the ship by the time we get to Miami ?

20 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No. I've been tracking since we booked - we currently have three May 25, 2020, Nov 1, 2020, and Jan 24, 2021. We're getting the regular sales, and the percentages off are tracking with our last two cruises (Sept 2019 and Feb 2020). However, our Jan 2021 cruise only has the spa packages and a handful of shore excursions (only 1 for CocoCay - beach bed for $199, 14 in Nassau, and none in Key West). I'm worried they're holding on to release the rest including the drink pkg until this blows over and they can figure out how high they need to jack up prices. ?

23 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Sailing on Sunday and have held off on purchasing some onboard items simply because of potential 'onboard only' offers... If they put them on website, people can cancel and rebook at lower... Onboard offers would be limited to onboard only...

From what I've read from others here, the onboard offers, all though better than regular priced options online, are not a better value than you can find during major sales. I feel the onboard offers are only there to entice the impulse shopper who decided against something pre-cruise and then had a change of heart.

Happy cruising! #stillgoing

True, I was looking at the cruise planner & the key this morning as I could only get a Jr, suite for our Thanksgiving cruise. WOW, looked again at 1615 hrs and the prices in the planner went from 25% off to 15% off. We did get a very fair price on our Thanksgiving sailing though but never did Sea class before, Sky class sold out; so looking to supplement what we are used to with the Sky class. No matter what,  I am just happy and feel blessed to be on that sailing, 11/20/20 Odyssey of the seas. Our cabin number is not listed on the deck plans though but it says Jr. suite, I am just going to "let it go" and see what occurs. I am not calling now during this sad time, I will wait when it gets a bit closer. 

Sending positive thoughts to everyone who had their sailings cancelled, I feel your pain. Get the he!! out of here Carona!!!

go go go GIF

• 1 month later...