Car Service from ship to airport

dmserra

You are over thinking it, just use a cab! The port and BCN are quite close to one another. There will be plenty of taxis available. 

There won't be any customs to clear after you collect your luggage in Barcelona; so that part goes really quick. Once you are at BCN, I have found the time it takes to check your luggage at the counter and then go through security  is "normal" say an hour to an hour and a half. Your results may vary.

BCN is a large, beautiful airport. It reminds me of Texas. A native Texan would feel right at home there. Anyway.... Once you go through security at BCN for international flights; you are sequestered to the second floor. The second floor doesn't permit access to the shopping mall or the really cool outdoor cafe. So if you arrive early check your bags and stroll around for a while. (The second floor does have a McDonalds, another fast food type restaurant I am unfamiliar with and finally an airport gift shop that offers booze, cigarettes, candy etc) 

My advice is to hold off going through security and enjoy a pretty cool, unique, and very modern airport.

I am sorry, I have misspoke a little bit.

1) Yes, surprisingly there is no security, customs, or anything once you pick up your luggage at the port. Pick up your bags and walk out the door.

2) The travel time between the port and BCN is like 15-20 minutes by taxi.

3) ***The baggage check-in and security are on the first floor of BCN. The shopping area, the better restaurants, and the outdoor cafe are also on the first floor but you must go through security to get to these areas. The international gates are on the second floor. Once you take the escalator or lift to the second floor, THERE IS NO RETURNING TO THE FIRST FLOOR. Well, you can exit the airport and go through security again. So don't venture to your gate too early. There is a lounge on the second floor. I forget who's lounge it is but I do know as a United super flyer person I was not allowed in.***