drink/wifi packages. how far out can we buy?

Pete

i have a cruise booked on Oasis in December and can already buy the dining and drink packages. Log into the cruise planner everyday for a couple of weeks and see how the price fluctuates. You'll quickly see what the lowest price is going to be. Whether it says 50% off or 20% off onboard prices doesn't mean anything. just watch the per day price to get the best deal. 

I'm new to the RC Blog so my apology if I'm asking this question in the wrong section.  My husband and I were scheduled to cruise on Freedom of the Seas out of San Juan on March 28, 2020.  This was going to be our 5th cruise and after our first cruise I realized that its best to book the drink package and other items before the cruise. Since the first cruise, I've been able to get what I consider the best price and I watch daily for deals, which we had for the March 22, 2020 cruise.  We are now booked on the June 28 cruise and in looking at the deluxe beverage package, the cheapest price I've seen is $55.00 per day.  Wow, that's way high from what I've paid in the past.  Will the price go down at this point or will I need to accept that the 2020 cruise is now going to cost us more?  We also booked another cruise in February 2021 as we had one date and ship in mind, with specific cabin in mind.  I feel more confident that I will find a better beverage package for that cruise as it's further out. Am I too late in getting a great price on the deluxe beverage package for the upcoming June cruise?  If anyone is able to answer this question or can point me in the right direct on the RC blog, I would sincerely appreciate.    

Welcome to the blog, Alvie.

I have noticed that, since the halt in cruising began, the Cruise Planner prices have gone up and remained there.  There’s really no way to know whether there will be any “sales” forthcoming or not.  We just have to keep checking.  You are wise to check daily.  We do the same.  Hang in there !

9 hours ago, Alvie said:

Will the price go down at this point or will I need to accept that the 2020 cruise is now going to cost us more? 

My advice is book it at its price now. You can always cancel and rebook later if the price decreases, and buying it now protects against a price increase.

Moreover, the price now will be cheaper than on the ship.