Jewel of the Seas stuck in Dubai today March 11th

Received an email early this morning from our Canadian friends who are currently on the Jewel of the Seas. The ship sailed yesterday from Dubai heading for Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas Island but both ports were closed and the ship returned to Dubai overnight. We were due to join our friends on Monday for two B2B cruises on 16th and 23rd March but it is looking like both of these cruises could be cancelled.

Two passengers onboard are also ill and waiting to be tested for COVID-19 by the Dubai Port Authorities before a decision will be made on future sailings.

We have heard nothing from RCCL so far but will post updates on the forum as and when we receive any more information.

1 hour ago, Jim S said:

Received an email early this morning from our Canadian friends who are currently on the Jewel of the Seas. The ship sailed yesterday from Dubai heading for Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas Island but both ports were closed and the ship returned to Dubai overnight. We were due to join our friends on Monday for two B2B cruises on 16th and 23rd March but it is looking like both of these cruises will be cancelled.

Two passengers onboard are also ill and waiting to be tested for COVID-19 by the Dubai Port Authorities before a decision will be made on future sailings.

We have heard nothing from RCCL so far but will post updates on the forum as and when we receive any more information.

So sorry to hear this.  I will agree....this does not sound good.  Hoping all turns out well foe everyone involved.

2 hours ago, Jim S said:

Received an email early this morning from our Canadian friends who are currently on the Jewel of the Seas. The ship sailed yesterday from Dubai heading for Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas Island but both ports were closed and the ship returned to Dubai overnight. We were due to join our friends on Monday for two B2B cruises on 16th and 23rd March but it is looking like both of these cruises will be cancelled.

I hope this is just a wild guess on your part that the cruise of 23.03. is cancelled

4 minutes ago, FManke said:

@Jim S I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing, but remember. Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time died.

Good luck with the rest of your trip.

I try to always look at things like, they could always be worse. Let's see if I can live up to that this Oct when we cruise if all of this is still going on.

15 minutes ago, accio7 said:

I shared this video with @Matt a few minutes ago on Twitter, but here's a perspective video from YouTube cruise vloggers onboard Jewel. 

So sorry to hear about your friends' situation, @Jim S, and best wishes on your March 23rd cruise. 

@accio7 thanks for posting the link to the video. It explains very well what is going on. ??

Just now, Jim S said:

@accio7 thanks for posting the link to the video. It explains very well what is going on. ??

No problem! 

Really surprised that Royal hasn't made an announcement by now, must be nerve wrecking for everyone booked on Jewel this month. 

Did some more reading, here's an article with additional info. 

5 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So...no Covid 19.  GREAT !  Are there any ports left to go to ??

This is the rest of the itinerary:

12 Mar     Sir Bani Yas Island, UAE private island
14 Mar     Muscat, Oman
16 Mar     Arriving in Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE

The April 8th and April 26th itineraries were already revised: 

Jewel letter 1.png

Jewel letter 2.png

Jewel letter 3.png

Jewel - April 26.png

Jewel of the Seas March 16th cruise: Official notice of cancellation received this morning from RCCL.

We have also received information from our Canadian friends who are currently onboard Jewel of the Seas that the Guest Services staff onboard are saying that it is very likely that the March 23rd cruise may also been cancelled. However, no official word has yet been received from RCCL to confirm this.

4B46DAA5-E481-46DA-B6A5-9A56EBAE2070.png

3EC1479A-C965-468F-A383-98A341F7903B.png

6 minutes ago, Felpi said:

That doesn't sound good. And we were so looking forward to 23/03/20.

We really believe that it will work out anyway

We are currently rescheduling our flights to Dubai for the March 23 cruise but I am not very confident that it will go ahead. We will be keeping our fingers crossed anyway. Let’s hope you are right.