Getting my money back

Geo3330

We called a week before our cruise to cancel and we did not get our full refund. My son was sick thank god with nothing serious and the scare of the Coronavirus was on our mind, not be stuck on your ship for 2 weeks. I don’t see how it’s fair that you Royal Caribbean takes our money and only returns our taxes and port fees. Witch was a small cost or our trip and you probably resold our rooms after we canceled. I don’t see how this is right. 

Recently? If so you should have received a FCC for the amount you paid.  If you are talking a while ago, and your insurance didn't cover it, that was a risk you took.  Had to cancel my wife from a cruise a year ago, my son and I still went, and we lost what we paid for her fare.  So it goes

32 minutes ago, Geo3330 said:

We called a week before our cruise to cancel and we did not get our full refund. My son was sick thank god with nothing serious and the scare of the Coronavirus was on our mind, not be stuck on your ship for 2 weeks. I don’t see how it’s fair that you Royal Caribbean takes our money and only returns our taxes and port fees. Witch was a small cost or our trip and you probably resold our rooms after we canceled. I don’t see how this is right. 

I am so sorry that your son got sick. With 2 kids myself, I can see how frustrating that would be for someone to come down with any illness right before a vacation. You should know that this website is not affiliated with or run by Royal Caribbean though. It's a blog and forum frequented by fans of Royal Caribbean. 

Did you have a travel agent? In light of all that is going on, maybe they could fight your case with Royal Caribbean for you.

I hope your son feels better soon.

1 minute ago, LeonCA said:

If you told RC representative your son has a fever, you should be able to get full refund. They will deny boarding for anyone had a fever. 

If that was the case, anyone who wanted to cancel last minute would claim to be sick. That has never been the policy and my guess is it never will be since it would be too easy to  abuse. It would be very helpful if people would actually read what they were paying for and agreeing to. Than it wouldn't be such a surprise. 

1 hour ago, Geo3330 said:

Our cruise was supposed to be last week we called a week before to cancel And all we got back was taxes and port fees

This is a fan board, this is not monitored by Royal Caribbean.  They aren't getting  your complaints.  They initiated a policy that cruises could be canceled 48 hours prior to sailing a few days ago.  I'm guessing you encountered your issue before that.  It's always very important to read your cruise contract and always get travel insurance, which would likely have covered this issue.