"Complimentary Upgrade" due to price drop after final payment date

I have my family booked on Oasis of the Seas May 31 sailing in 2 connecting large balcony rooms. We are committed to definitely going on our sailing, (this booking was rescheduled from a sailing canceled due to hurricane Dorian) and I frequently watch for price drops. We ran into a situation where because our sailing was booked with FCC we hit a point where the price dropped below what we paid but we couldn't reprice because the cruise fare would have been below the FCC amount meaning we lose out on some of the value of the FCC. With the recent events the prices on our sailing have dropped substantially, our rooms now go for $616 less than than what we paid. How do the complimentary upgrades as a result of price drops within the final payment window work now that we are 85 days out? Being a large balcony stateroom the next category up is jr suite which, while the prices have dropped substantially, still is priced more than what we paid on our current rooms. Do the upgrades operate based off the value of what you paid on the reservation and if a category higher than what you have falls within that value they move you to that category if asked? Are we just in a tough spot with the jump in price between Balcony and Suite being a large gap? I am working with an amazing travel agent at MEI, and have emailed her letting her know we are looking to upgrade, but am trying not to bother her knowing that she must be slammed and the wait times to speak to Royal being insane. Thank you for any info that anyone can share.

Hey  I am sure this is better answered by the agent with us because there are a lot of moving parts.  Anytime you have a FCC on a cruise and then are looking to move things around it can make things a little harder and more complicated....

I am sure they will be looking at how many different ways they can get an upgrade for you but it may take a little time for them to get back to you just because the wait times to get thru are well over and hour for us right now.