FCC or Cancel penalties- its your choice before July 31

As you can all imagine this is an ever changing world right now in the cruise world....

I just finished a call where they explained that everyone Sailing by the end of July has the option to either of these options.  I know some people were concerned and wanted a refund...

Cancel up to 48 hours and get a FCC for your full amount paid and you must use this by Dec 2021

OR

You can waive that and go with the regular cancellation penalties which after final payment for refundable deposits it would be   (depending on when you booked)

• 75 to 43 days - $100 per guest
  • 42 to 29 days - 50% per guest
  • 28 to 15 days - 75% per guest
  • 14 to 0 days - 100% per guest

IF you have a nonrefundable - there is a $100 per guest penalty if you cancel prior to 75 days.

OR... if you booked after Jan 2019 your cancellations would be

• 89 to 75 days - $100 per guest
  • 74 to 61 days - 50% per guest
  • 60 to 31 days - 75% per guest
  • 14 to 0 days - 100% per guest

IF you have a nonrefundable - there is a $100 per guest penalty if you cancel prior to 89 days.

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks for the update, @AnnetteJackson! Question -- you said it's for everyone booked by the end of July, but I thought that it was for cruises with a sail date through July 31. If it's for people booked by July 31, does that mean that I'm still eligible with a sailing that leaves Aug 2?

Caught me.. I was editing while you were replying ?

Am I missing something or maybe I read something wrong?

My cruise is 55 days away, If I cancel right NOW I thought 25% of the price of the cruise goes back on original form of payment and the rest goes to a FCC for later use.

Am I wrong on that?

This is all so confusing now lol lol 

4 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

As you can all imagine this is an ever changing world right now in the cruise world....

I just finished a call where they explained that everyone Sailing by the end of July has the option to either of these options.  I know some people were concerned and wanted a refund...

Cancel up to 48 hours and get a FCC for your full amount paid and you must use this by Dec 2021

OR

You can waive that and go with the regular cancellation penalties which after final payment for refundable deposits it would be   

75 to 43 days - $100 per guest

42 to 29 days - 50% per guest

28 to 15 days - 75% per guest

14 to 0 days - 100% per guest

IF you have a nonrefundable - there is a $100 per guest penalty if you cancel prior to 75 days.

@AnnetteJackson Question for you....I am presently 82 days from sailing.  I have 3 staterooms.  I want to upgrade two of them.  What would be my better scenario....

Room 1 - Balcony - $1825 paid
Room 2- Interior - $1420 paid (they want $1865 to upgrade)
Room 3 - Interior - $1420 paid (they want $1865 to upgrade)

Current total - $4665 // Upgrade total $5555.

As I understand it, at this point I could cancel and get 100% as future cruise credit. 

What if I cancelled using the other method, $100 pp and rebook same sailing.  At present I could get 3 balcony for $1500 each if I cancel and rebook.  In theory, I'd cancel and lose $600 from my $4665.  I'd then rebook for $4500 for a net cost of $432.  That is cheaper than the $900 they currently want.  Am I doing my math wrong?

Further, if I am correct and go this route, am I giving up my ability to again cancel and get a FCC?

Edited by doublegg
additional question

24 minutes ago, mark52479 said:

Am I missing something or maybe I read something wrong?

My cruise is 55 days away, If I cancel right NOW I thought 25% of the price of the cruise goes back on original form of payment and the rest goes to a FCC for later use.

Am I wrong on that?

This is all so confusing now lol lol 

If you go with the first cancel policy they have always had you lose 25% but get the remainder back to your card.  If you have trip insurance you could get the 25% as an FCC.

4 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

If you go with the first cancel policy they have always had you lose 25% but get the remainder back to your card.  If you have trip insurance you could get the 25% as an FCC.

Thanks for the reply

I always thought with first option  25% on credit card And then the rest goes to FCC and NOT original credit card.

I do have trip insurance so how would that work?

Man this is crazy.  Thanks again. 

15 minutes ago, doublegg said:

@AnnetteJackson Question for you....I am presently 82 days from sailing.  I have 3 staterooms.  I want to upgrade two of them.  What would be my better scenario....

Room 1 - Balcony - $1825 paid
Room 2- Interior - $1420 paid (they want $1865 to upgrade)
Room 3 - Interior - $1420 paid (they want $1865 to upgrade)

Current total - $4665 // Upgrade total $5555.

As I understand it, at this point I could cancel and get 100% as future cruise credit. 

What if I cancelled using the other method, $100 pp and rebook same sailing.  At present I could get 3 balcony for $1500 each if I cancel and rebook.  In theory, I'd cancel and lose $600 from my $4665.  I'd then rebook for $4500 for a net cost of $432.  That is cheaper than the $900 they currently want.  Am I doing my math wrong?

Further, if I am correct and go this route, am I giving up my ability to again cancel and get a FCC?

WIthout having access to your reservations it hard to know -  You would need to call in and ask or have your TA work with you on this.  I would be scared to advise without seeing all the details.

5 minutes ago, mark52479 said:

Thanks for the reply

I always thought with first option  25% on credit card And then the rest goes to FCC and NOT original credit card.

I do have trip insurance so how would that work?

Man this is crazy.  Thanks again. 

You would have to file with insurance to see if they will provide refund on the rest