Are ships being turned away from ports?

My cruise is coming up in the first week of April on the Symphony of Seas to East Caribbean.  I'm still debating if we'll be going or not.  We are both under 45 years old with no underlying diseases.  I read that some ships are not stopping at assigned ports because the islands are not letting them?  Is that true? If so, then I don't think it would be worth it to go on a cruise at this time.

37 minutes ago, good_day said:

My cruise is coming up in the first week of April on the Symphony of Seas to East Caribbean.  I'm still debating if we'll be going or not.  We are both under 45 years old with no underlying diseases.  I read that some ships are not stopping at assigned ports because the islands are not letting them?  Is that true? If so, then I don't think it would be worth it to go on a cruise at this time.

You should decide what’s best for you. Personally, I am not concerned with being turned away at the various ports but rather the craps shoot of just 1 person out of 8500 on an Oasis class ship potentially testing + and forcing a quarantine delaying return for days and days. Also, your going on Symphony which is a destination on its own so the ports should be just icing on the cake. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

This list is not accurate. We returned from a south pacific cruise last saturday and nothing is mention about the 5 islands who refuse us. I think Royal is on a day-to-day basis with the itinerary. The least they say so you not cancel, the better for them. If I knew my cruise would have been diverted to New Zealand prior to departure and if the cancellation policy was like it is today by the time I left home, I would have cancel. We had 6 sea days instead of 4 on a 11 days cruise. It was not Oasis but you reach a point that you want to get out and see something.

Jewel of the Seas had to return back to Abu Dhabi and cruise is now canceled, but cruise ship being used as a hotel in port now. UAE closed all ports to cruise ships. Ben with Cruise with Ben and David is on the ship now and just updated on Instagram.

On 3/10/2020 at 12:47 PM, suna said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

This list is not accurate. We returned from a south pacific cruise last saturday and nothing is mention about the 5 islands who refuse us. I think Royal is on a day-to-day basis with the itinerary. The least they say so you not cancel, the better for them. If I knew my cruise would have been diverted to New Zealand prior to departure and if the cancellation policy was like it is today by the time I left home, I would have cancel. We had 6 sea days instead of 4 on a 11 days cruise. It was not Oasis but you reach a point that you want to get out and see something.

Did they give you any kind of credit or something for not being able to dock at assigned ports? 

On Liberty now. Cozumel let us dock. Grand Cayman let us dock. Headed to Falmouth now & nothing has been said about not docking. There were 7 ships in port in Cozumel (2 RCL, 3 Carnival, & 2 NCL).  6 in Grand Cayman (all a different line). In fact, we were next to the MSC ship that was denied entry last week. No issues for any of us getting off. 

7 hours ago, kadmgs said:

On Liberty now. Cozumel let us dock. Grand Cayman let us dock. Headed to Falmouth now & nothing has been said about not docking. There were 7 ships in port in Cozumel (2 RCL, 3 Carnival, & 2 NCL).  6 in Grand Cayman (all a different line). In fact, we were next to the MSC ship that was denied entry last week. No issues for any of us getting off. 

We are sailing on the Liberty on March 22nd.  Any issues that you have experienced due to Coronavirus fears?  Is the ship full?  Wondering if many people are cancelling and there are less people on the ship and at ports.

20 hours ago, KenCP said:

Jewel of the Seas had to return back to Abu Dhabi and cruise is now canceled, but cruise ship being used as a hotel in port now. UAE closed all ports to cruise ships. Ben with Cruise with Ben and David is on the ship now and just updated on Instagram.

Wasn't both cases tested came back negative on Jewel?

Here's a letter from a guest onboard Vision of the Seas shared in one of my cruising FB groups. A different guest aboard Vision reported that the ship attempted to dock at St. Kitts, after being refused at St. Maarten, but were later denied.

A different guest aboard Grandeur reported in the same thread where the letter was posted that the ship was denied entry into St. Thomas today ? 

It's a cruise to nowhere, but at least they're onboard a ship, right? 

6 minutes ago, accio7 said:

Here's a letter from a guest onboard Vision of the Seas shared in one of my cruising FB groups. A different guest aboard Vision reported that St. Kitts denied the ship entry. 

A different guest aboard Grandeur reported in the same thread where the letter was posted that the ship was denied entry into St. Thomas today ? 

It's a cruise to nowhere, but at least they're onboard a ship, right? 

Ugh. Not a good sign

Update from a passenger in a different FB cruising group aboard Vision:

On the Vision right now. Its healthy but ports are starting to not allow ships in. St. Maarten shut us out today. Heard St. Lucia has closed its port. We weren't going there but heard from people in Barbados on Monday. Will have to see what happens tomorrow but if St. Thomas doesn't allow us in I would guess Royal shuts down future cruises as more islands choose to close ports.

Has anyone heard anything about any of the more Southern ports like the ABC islands for example? 

17 minutes ago, accio7 said:

Update from a passenger in a different FB cruising group aboard Vision:

Has anyone heard anything about any of the more Southern ports like the ABC islands for example? 

Freedom is in Bonaire today and they haven't had any issues so far.  Just watched a periscope from Cruise Life Rick and they were having a great time, no issues whatsoever.

Bad news from Spain: https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/spanish-ports-turning-away-cruise-ships-14-days

Passenger ships from Italy and cruise ships from any origin will not be permitted in Spanish ports starting Friday and through March 26.

Oh crap, Allure is arriving tomorrow at 6 am. ?

Edit: According to this article, Allure can disembark tomorrow ? 

An exception will be made for cruise ships to allow passengers to disembark. This exception will apply until Sunday.