Upgrade Question

I currently have a cruise booked for the end of May with a balcony room overlooking Central Park. The final payment date has past; therefore everything is paid. I noticed an ocean view balcony room is available for a cheaper price than I paid for my room. Would it be possible to upgrade my room and receive on board credit?

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated! 

2 minutes ago, Ameblasta said:

I currently have a cruise booked for the end of May with a balcony room overlooking Central Park. The final payment date has past; therefore everything is paid. I noticed an ocean view balcony room is available for a cheaper price than I paid for my room. Would it be possible to upgrade my room and receive on board credit?

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated! 

You can call in and request a complimentary upgrade but they will not refund back after final payment in this situation.

18 minutes ago, Mmmbluffin said:

If you get an upgrade is it treated as a new reservation (lose 18 dollar drink package) or you maintain same reservation number?

As long as you maintain the same reservation number, the cruise planner purchases will stay.   If it's a cancel and rebook type of situation you will lose the cruise planner purchases.  Typically an upgrade keeps the same reservation number and won't affect your purchases.