Coronavirus: Italy extends strict quarantine measures nationwide

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Haven't they redirected the Italy ports of call to elsewhere ?

We are on Explorer of the Seas which is based out of Rome in May for 9 nights and has 3 stops in Italy - one in Malta (which is banning ships) then onto the Greek Isles -  So yeah cant really see it going ahead -  you would think they would cancel and send the ship somewhere else or park it up.  

An incubation period of COVID-19 usually appear around five days on average, but the incubation period may be as short as two days to as long as 14 days.

With this in mind, Italy's direction is to lock down until April 3, 2020, which is well over 3 weeks and as such, they're attempting to rid itself of the virus within that period of time by limiting access to the country and it's people.

Given the above, if it works, then cruising to Europe would be feasible by the summer. I, for one, have hopes that it will work as I have a Med Cruise in September. The only issue I see if a tourist brings the virus back into the country, unknowingly.

We are also scheduled to cruise in May on  Explorer, 9 nights Italy, Malta Greece - We have been planning this trip for almost a year.  It is very stressful but we still are not cancelling or changing yet, there is still hope as we are not cruising till May 27 so I'm hoping this dire situation as of today will be much better by then, we have the rest of March, all of April and most of May!!!