Dynamic Dining Changes on Anthem

I have seen some discussion on changes coming to Dynamic Dining on the Anthem and it looks like it is true. Our Anthem cruise is June 11 so it will be interesting to see what happens. As of right now we are still listed in DD Choice and my reservations are still listed in the cruise planner. It makes no difference to us either way as long as there is food to eat somewhere. 

I just saw the following posted on the UK website - http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/rci/news.php?utm_source=rci_cpus_signup&utm_medium=email&utm_content=rci_discover_more_intro_button&utm_campaign=rci_summer_sports

CHANGES TO DINING ONBOARD ANTHEM OF THE SEAS®

From 30 April 2016, dining onboard Anthem of the Seas® will change from the current Dynamic Dining model to the Royal Caribbean standard model of Traditional and My Time Dining for all guests, with:

• Traditional dining in Chic and The Grande
  • My Time Dining in American Icon and Silk
  • Fleet menu in all four main restaurants which will rotate nightly
  • Additonal seating in all four main restaurants
  • Solarium Bistro joining Coastal Kitchen as an exclusive Suite Class restaurant

I just called RC customer service, and they informed me while it is indeed "changing", the only thing that's actually changing is the nomenclature of Dynamic Dining. Apparently, they are doing away with the term "Dynamic Dining" and replacing it with "My Time Dining". The idea behind Dynamic Dining (choosing from different complimentary restaurants every night) will remain the same.

For ships, like the Anthem, where there are multiple complimentary restaurants, My Time Dining & Dynamic Dining essentially mean the same thing. For ships that don't have multiple complimentary restaurants, My Time Dining will continue to simply mean choosing a time to eat in the main dining room.

I hope that clears things up!

Hi Wsig,

The info I posted was for Anthem, from the UK website for all Royal's brands (see link). It does not mention rotation of the 4 restaurants as they had in Dynamic Dining, rather it states that Traditional will now be in two dining rooms and My Time in the other two, and that they would be serving the fleet menu in both which will rotate nightly. If that is the case then that would prohibit rotational dining between 4 different restaurants as they have had with Dynamic Dining. Perhaps the info the agent gave you was for ships other then Anthem, or the agent hadn't gotten the memo yet? It seems that there has been a lot of confusion & rumor, even among RCL employees, that is why I posted the info from an actual RCL website. Makes no difference to us at all, we only use the dining room for a meal or two, eating in other areas or specialty restaurants the other nights.

Royal Caribbean confirmed to me this info is out of date. No change to dining on Anthem.

Thanks Matt! That is so strange, why post info with a specific start date and then not change it when there has been a change? I would be in so much trouble if I had something on my companies business site that was out of date I wouldn't even want to think about it. Nevermind the time taken up by answering phone calls or emails regarding the erroneous info. Feel free to take the post down since the info is not valid any longer.

I guess I'll find out on June 11, and will report back about how the dinning goes if someone doesn't before that.

Hi Wsig,

The info I posted was for Anthem, from the UK website for all Royal's brands (see link). It does not mention rotation of the 4 restaurants as they had in Dynamic Dining, rather it states that Traditional will now be in two dining rooms and My Time in the other two, and that they would be serving the fleet menu in both which will rotate nightly. If that is the case then that would prohibit rotational dining between 4 different restaurants as they have had with Dynamic Dining. Perhaps the info the agent gave you was for ships other then Anthem, or the agent hadn't gotten the memo yet? It seems that there has been a lot of confusion & rumor, even among RCL employees, that is why I posted the info from an actual RCL website. Makes no difference to us at all, we only use the dining room for a meal or two, eating in other areas or specialty restaurants the other nights.

Just wanted to quickly say that it indeed was info given to me specifically for the Anthem. I myself am going on the Anthem in a couple of weeks, so I wanted to make sure!

...just more of the same.  Apparently RCI needs a good process management Executive and a new Communications Executive.  There is absolutely NO excuse for this kind of misinformation and it just keeps happening and happening....and happening and happening and happening.

As you said, Sue, if any other corporation put out as much misinformation and dated or just plain WRONG information as RCI has lately, someone at the highest level would be out of a job PRONTO !

...and who knows if Matt even has it right (no offense to Matt's source).  NOBODY seems to know what is going on EVER.

It's so minor league. It's becoming truly embarrassing to be an RCI loyalist.  The management is so inept.

It's a damn good thing that they have a good product...despite the P/P management.

I feel bad about posting the info now that it looks like it is out of date and incorrect. I am very conscious about not posting rumors or other info that may not be correct. I only ever post items from 1st source sites and it never occurred to me that the info on their own site was not correct, especially since it had a beginning date of later this week, and the site was for their UK travel agents to get the word out. Talk about total confusion

I feel bad about posting the info now that it looks like it is out of date and incorrect. I am very conscious about not posting rumors or other info that may not be correct. I only ever post items from 1st source sites and it never occurred to me that the info on their own site was not correct, especially since it had a beginning date of later this week, and the site was for their UK travel agents to get the word out. Talk about total confusion

Don't feel bad! You had good intentions, and I would have rather have found out now than when I boarded the ship - haha. The post on the site looked totally legit - anyone could have mistaken it.

This is not your fault, Sue.  The fact that RCI had announced this THEMSELVES a while back and then now they've decided against it is the problem. That seems to be the source of ALL of their problems lately.

Don't feel bad.  You thought you were helping.  Any of us would have done the same thing.

Royal has done a great job in adding ships and new ports, I would give them a A. But when it comes to the management systems that they have in place they get a failing grade F. The talking heads have standard answers that they read and many times changes have been made and still the talking heads don't have the changes. 

It seems that many times if you call customer service the answer you get is wrong or outdated. I really wish Royal would spend some time and effort improving customer service. Cancel or delay a new ship, but improve your customer service. Also most of the information Royal uses is US based and now 50% of the market is Worldwide so they really need to more to some standards, so the answer is the same fleet wide. You can have the best and largest cruise ships in the World and fail if you do not take care of your number one asset...... CUSTOMERS....

Honestly I don't think Royal is too worried about their customer base, seems they have hung their hat on high gloss, high energy "Wow" to attract new cruisers like crazy and fill the boats.

Its been observed many times that seasoned cruisers don't spend as much onboard and it appears to me Royal has recognized and that and is not too worried about keeping customers as long as they have a pipeline of new customers that they can milk instead.

Totally not your fault.  You did the right thing by sharing it and I appreciate it!

You should not feel bad.  If anyone should be feeling bad it is Royal for rushing to put programs into place and then not following through or changing them. Royal needs to understand they are in this business full time, paying guest are not professional travelers and need to rely on the information provide. Royal needs to take care of and value the guest or their big nice ships will be empty. This is 100% a failure on RCCL

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a bit better now  :)

Among other responsibilities at work (largest fisheries contractor in US) I am in charge of the social media & websites, and I also own a trucking & excavating company with my husband. In either business if we put something in writing we stand behind it no matter what. Price a job too low, we eat the difference. Print the wrong pay rate on a website, we pay that rate. Mistakes rarely, if ever happen because I like my $$ too much and don't want to listen to the repercussions (nor do I like giving then out).

I knew about Royal's customer service issues and to keep calling back until you get the answer you like, lol. I should have guessed it would apply to their websites too.

Just noticed that they have now removed that section from the website, wish they had done it sooner  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Among other responsibilities at work (largest fisheries contractor in US) I am in charge of the social media & websites, and I also own a trucking & excavating company with my husband. In either business if we put something in writing we stand behind it no matter what. Price a job too low, we eat the difference. Print the wrong pay rate on a website, we pay that rate. Mistakes rarely, if ever happen because I like my $$ too much and don't want to listen to the repercussions (nor do I like giving then out).

I knew about Royal's customer service issues and to keep calling back until you get the answer you like, lol. I should have guessed it would apply to their websites too.

Just noticed that they have now removed that section from the website, wish they had done it sooner  :rolleyes:

That is because you see and understand the real value in your businesses.....the customers. It seems Royal has growth so large and so fast that they have loss site of this simple fact. Other big name American companies come to mind some  that recognize the changing business World and others that failed to do so. 100 years ago Sears was the only real national retailer in the United States. When I was going up everyone shopped at Sears and had their catalogs, look at sears today. Just because you are big and on top of the market does not mean you will stay there. Royal needs to value customers much more than they do and respect them.   

Not to sound like an apologist for Royal, but they have in certain situations made a mistake and stood behind their mistake.  For instance, a number of us booked a bus tour to Berlin that was incorrectly priced on the Cruise Planner.  While it was later corrected, Royal did not cancel nor try to reprice us even though the revised difference in price was just over $100 per person.  Unfortunately, the only think consistent about Royal and their customer service is their inconsistency.