No On Board Credit for Not Cancelling

Awake

Time wise, Royal's cancellation policy seems a lot more generous since the cut off to move your cruise with Carnival is March 31 and only good for sailings through the end of May. I'm okay with no OBC for peace of mind closer to my sailing. It's not like they are offering a whole lot of OBC anyway.

1 hour ago, melmar02 said:

Time wise, Royal's cancellation policy seems a lot more generous since the cut off to move your cruise with Carnival is March 31 and only good for sailings through the end of May. I'm okay with no OBC for peace of mind closer to my sailing. It's not like they are offering a whole lot of OBC anyway.

Agreed. 

3 hours ago, melmar02 said:

+1

As generous as Royal is being about cancellations, airlines and hotels are not and insurance isn't covering it so many people like ourselves are out a fair amount of money if they don't cruise.  I'm more frustrated by the significant price drops on our sailing that are available to new bookings only.  It would be nice if Royal actually allowed us to upgrade or gave onboard credit for sailing.  We'll see what the upcoming weeks bring and will make a decision about our April sailing.

7 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Surprised they wouldn't do that rather than cancel full cruises.

be a nightmare sending thousands of employees home from each ship and then getting them back to re-start cruises again....

They would redeploy for some 'humanitarian' mission that would allow them to claim charitable donation for the operating costs of the vessel while no sailing a passenger cruise.....assuming they would be allowed to port and off load water/supplies places ;)....but the crew would not go home.

You should be able to upgrade if the cost of an upgraded cabin has dipped sufficiently.  Get your Travel Agent to arrange an upgrade for you.  If you booked directly with a Royal, call them directly and don’t accept it if they tell you that you cannot upgrade. You can, if the prices have dropped enough.  Escalate to a supervisor if you don’t get the answer you want.

14 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You should be able to upgrade if the cost of an upgraded cabin has dipped sufficiently.  Get your Travel Agent to arrange an upgrade for you.  If you booked directly with a Royal, call them directly and don’t accept it if they tell you that you cannot upgrade. You can, if the prices have dropped enough.  Escalate to a supervisor if you don’t get the answer you want.

I booked through an agent who said she gave it her all today and they wouldn't budge. ?

7 hours ago, F1guynz said:

With the Cruise With Confidence programme could you not not just can Carl, wait for the FCC which I understand takes about a week to issue and then rebook at the cheaper rate?

You can’t apply the fcc to the same cruise it was issued on. It could also take weeks to have it issued. If the price drops further we may just cancel for the fcc and rebook with payment if we decide to go.