Future Cruise Credit Questions

Hi,  I will be calling RC but since call waits will be long before I call I wanted to see if anyone knew the answers to my questions ? We have a cruise coming up first week of April.  Still unsure if we will go or re-book.  We want to go, at this point we are not canceling but If things get worst we will like to move our cruise out to late May into first week of June, which is almost 2 months between the two.    Question 1), if we decide to move our April cruise to end of May/June  will Royal Caribbean allow us to move the cruise right away over the phone or do we have to wait until the FCC show up on our account 3 to 4 weeks later.  Question 2)  If we move our cruise to the end of May/June , say things don’t get better and we decide we don’t want to go in May/June either.  Will we be able to move our cruise again?  Seeing it’s still in within the time line before July 31.  ?

1.  Yes, you will certainly be able to move/reschedule your cruise immediately HOWEVER, your FCC will not be immediately available to use for that re-booking.  It usually takes around 2 weeks (could be longer given the volume of what is happening now) for an FCC to be delivered.  So, in your case, you would have to cover the cost of the cruise up front and apply it to the cruise down the road once your FCC arrives....and yes, you would be able to apply the FCC to your cruise, even if it is already paid in full. This is about as close to getting a "cash refund" as you will ever get with a FCC.  The value of your FCC will be placed against your "new" cruise (presumably with a $-0- balance) and then that full FCC value will be credited to the CC upon which your cruise fare was processed.

I do not know the answer to your second question but I will GUESS that the answer is "yes"...you can have the FCC re-issued (as long as the Cruise with Confidence rules are still in effect).  It is my understanding, however, that the FCC, when re-issued, will have the ORIGINAL expiration date so you will still need to use the FCC before it expires.  They will not allow you to keep extending the FCC into the future.  It will still expire based on its original expiration date, even if you have it issued and/or re-issued.

3 minutes ago, butterfly said:

That’s great!  Thanks for the detailed answer.  At this point we still don’t know what we will do.  Just watching.   A lot or a little could happen in the next 26 days, well about 23 before we have to decide? thanks again!!!! 

Best of luck. There are a lot of people making the same stressful decision, so you are in good company

??