Cruise with Confidence

Please tell me that Royal would retroactively give me FCC for a cruise I cancelled four days before they changed their policy.  I got a 50% refund but I'm hoping that could be changed to a 100% FCC.  I know my chances are slim but my TA @StephanieH said she'd try.  Please tell this wishful thinker there's a chance this could happen. ???

My plea:  I'm loyal to Royal, I have other cruises booked for November 2020 and March 2021. I'm a walking Royal Caribbean advertisement. (Grasping at straws much)

12 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Please tell me that Royal would retroactively give me FCC for a cruise I cancelled four days before they changed their policy.  I got a 50% refund but I'm hoping that could be changed to a 100% FCC.  I know my chances are slim but my TA @StephanieH said she'd try.  Please tell this wishful thinker there's a chance this could happen. ???

My plea:  I'm loyal to Royal, I have other cruises booked for November 2020 and March 2021. I'm a walking Royal Caribbean advertisement. (Grasping at straws much)

I won't hold my breath but I will certainly cross my fingers for you !!!!!  Best of luck

I wish that Royal would start offering more....like Carnival or Norwegian is npw.....between OBC offers and being able to cancel further out...

Royals Cruise with Confidence is probably one of the worst offers out there right now for those ppl booked and trying to decide what to do moving forward with their reservation.

4 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I have read comments on other sites from those who were denied and also those who were successful, so there's a chance!

7 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I wish that Royal would start offering more....like Carnival or Norwegian is npw.....between OBC offers and being able to cancel further out...

Royals Cruise with Confidence is probably one of the worst offers out there right now for those ppl booked and trying to decide what to do moving forward with their reservation.

Very true, especially if you are a Latitudes member. They've been bombarding my email with crazy offers. $1,000 obc deep additional discounts off already discounted rates. Keep checking RCL hoping for something similar. Did notice that Suites that were sold out last year are available now for this summer. 

If casual or people on the fence about cruising start canceling maybe RCL will offer better deals (one can dream).

1 hour ago, F1guynz said:

I understand Royal has now updated their T&Cs for Cruise With Confidence so that you can longer use the FCC to book the same cruise at a lower price.

I figured that would be the case... I wonder if there is anything in the T&C that will prevent you from cancelling, applying the FCC to a future booking previously made (one that qualifies for transfer of FCC in this program), and then re-booking the same cancelled booking at the lower rate. 

3 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

I figured that would be the case... I wonder if there is anything in the T&C that will prevent you from cancelling, applying the FCC to a future booking previously made (one that qualifies for transfer of FCC in this program), and then re-booking the same cancelled booking at the lower rate. 

I was thinking the exact same thing

NCL is really looking for cruisers. 

"FREE FOR ALL" Free Open Bar, Free Specialty Restaurants, Free excursions (I guess if you can get int port), Free WIFI, and $200 on board credit.  This is available to all cruises and staterooms.

Also, great air offers as well to Europe, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Interesting to see what Royal offers

2 hours ago, KenCP said:

NCL is really looking for cruisers. 

"FREE FOR ALL" Free Open Bar, Free Specialty Restaurants, Free excursions (I guess if you can get int port), Free WIFI, and $200 on board credit.  This is available to all cruises and staterooms.

Also, great air offers as well to Europe, Alaska, and Hawaii.

Interesting to see what Royal offers

I would book if I could get my money back off RC

You will also notice that if you are thinking of taking advantage of the “Cruise with confidence” cancelation, any cruise you book after the deadline of July 31, 2020 is priced at around 50-80% more expensive than the similar Royal Caribbean cruises in 2019. That way your cruise credit is worth a lot less if you want to use it for a like cruise later in the year or next year. For example the cruise I am booked on next month, should I take a cruise credit and book the same cruise next year, the price for the 2021 cruise is almost double. Once again, another example of Corporate greed. They must know today that they will need to cancel the April and May cruises in Asia. Just tell us.

So I cancelled my cruise today.  Was told by someone the other day I would get Future cruise credit of fare, taxes and gratuities will be credited back to charge card.  I always buy the insurance and was told I would get that back.  So when I called today to cancel they said I will not get the insurance money back.  Not happy about that, at this stage all monies should be refunded or FCC.