Cancellation prior to final payment

With Royal’s new “Cruise with Confidence” policy, you can cancel up to 48 hours prior to sailing and get a Future Cruise Credit for the full value of your cruise, including 100% deposit.  There are a few nuisances but ultimately, you lose nothing.  If you are still 90+ days away (still not past final payment) you should be able to get a full refund.  You probably have a non-refundable deposit booking.  Call you agent again and have them go through a supervisor, if necessary. The policy has changed in the last 3 days.  You should be able to cancel so long as you as within the qualifying dates.

8 hours ago, Paml514 said:

Hi there

I was hoping someone could clarify the cancellation policy as I thought you could get full refund 90 days prior to sailing. We booked through Priceline and are being told we will lose the deposit.  Thanks!

Priceline serves as your Travel Agent so they might have different rules with respect to a deposit through them. 

With Royal the most that you would lose on your deposit would be $100 per person, and that would only be if you booked a non-refundable rate.

10 hours ago, Paml514 said:

Hi there

I was hoping someone could clarify the cancellation policy as I thought you could get full refund 90 days prior to sailing. We booked through Priceline and are being told we will lose the deposit.  Thanks!

It sounds like perhaps you booked non-refundable cruise fare. If you wanted a refund, you could get your money back before 90 days prior to sailing, minus the cruise deposit.

As @WAAAYTOOO mentioned, there is a temporary policy in place to not lose anything, but you would be getting a future cruise credit, not a refund. But no lost deposit with this.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Priceline serves as your Travel Agent so they might have different rules with respect to a deposit through them. 

With Royal the most that you would lose on your deposit would be $100 per person, and that would only be if you booked a non-refundable rate.

I wonder why you would lose the $100pp? The information on the website says: "

guests with a Non-Refundable Deposit bookings that wish to change to a different ship or sail date can do so with no fee assessed - the change fee will be waived.

1 hour ago, Mljstr said:

guests with a Non-Refundable Deposit bookings that wish to change to a different ship or sail date can do so with no fee assessed - the change fee will be waived.

That is exactly what @Matt said above.  You will not lose your deposit if you reschedule a new cruise or accept the Future Cruise Credit.

2 hours ago, Mljstr said:

Under normal circumstances you would lose that $100.  Perhaps that's what Priceline meant and they haven't updated all their agents towards the new temporary policy.