Website Prices

soulboy

I am newbie cruiser and I can't for a second work out how th RC website prices work. I am traveling from the UK on the Harmony Of The Seas.

Yesterday the drinks packages were where for instants: The premium package was £39.90 per day per person, today they are advertising 20% off but they have put the prices up. So how is that 20% off???? This is the same with all the packages.

Also when you go to book Voom packages again for instants: they are offering 30% off, but when you click on say one device package(£6.99 per day) the total comes to £53.46 which is £4.53 more than it should be.

SO where are the savings? 

Well first since you have only provided limited information it will be hard to answer your questions 100%. But I believe what is happening here is packages being shown without the tax and or gratuity. Royal adds 18% to all drink bills. But in any case you do not need to purchase packages until a few days before the cruise or on the ships so ask lots of questions and find out exactly what works best for you.  You can also upgrade any package by paying the difference, you cannot down grade.

Oh sorry wasn't sure how much info you needed and would it make any difference if I bought them now or a few days before?

I had actually spoken to RC some weeks earlier as the UK drinks package were more than the US advertised packaged(after conversion) and was told that tax and gratuities were include in the UK packages that was why(generally tax is included here in the uk).

Just checking again right now and they are offering the 20% discount on the Premier drinks package at £42.70 and the Ultimate drinks package for £46.90 without a discount, so on that calculation the Premier Package would be more expensive than the Ultimate.

I have now spoken to some else in customer service and they are looking into it, they said I am not the only person to call and query the prices. So hopefully something will be sorted out

Actually the UK price are near enough the same as the US prices after the conversion. But that's not what I'm querying.

The problem is the price on the website don't make sense. i.e.

Yesterday the Premium package was £39.90(tips and tax included)

Today the Premium package is £42.70(tips and tax included) but this is with a supposedly 20% discount which if that was the case would make this £51.24 which is £4.64 more expensive than the Ultimate package at £46.60(tips and tax included)

Also there is no proof anywhere on the website what the 'original' price was that they are offering 20% off of? So how do you you even know you're getting 20% off???

Folks I have to say I am most disappointed with RCI this morning. Went to buy my premium beverage package x2 for me and my wife last night with the 20% off and it would not let me add to cart. Took a screen shot and e mailed RCI at the time. Still no response. Looked today and prices have gone up , i.e. No 20% discount. Spoke to RCI customer services and they said here is nothing they can do despite being available on the website last night I now have to pay full price. Arrgh! Not happy.

I noticed this 20% off thing two days ago for my June cruise on Oasis, except I only saw the select package available. Called and was told there was a glitch in the system and to wait a day. Called back next day and was told there was a 20% off promotion for my cruise but there was still a glitch and to wait another day. They assured me the 20% off would still be valid. Today, all the package options show but at about a 4% discount instead of 20%. I think the same thing you're showing probably. I'll be calling today and can let you know what they say.

I went to my Jun 26 sailing on Freedom and they are still advertising the 20% off on all beverage packages.  I was able to put it into my cart but I don't want to buy it so I didn't try and check out.

I have no idea if they would have let me purchase it or not.

Guess it depends on the sailing as to whether they are still offering the discount or not.

I wasn't told this was a 'glitch' just that they would look into it.

I found this info on the drinks package comparison page. $49 plus gratuity is the regular price I found for the premium package and the price i was quoted when I rang RC. So at that price and conversation comes to £39.73 so how is the new price £42.70 with 20% off.

I believe this is classed as false advertising and maybe Trading Standards/Advertising Authority need to be involved

I just got off the phone with RCCL. They didn't mention a system glitch this time but tried to convince me initially that the price of $388.22 for a premium package is the 20% off price. This amounts to $47/day instead of the normal $49/day. I went through the math with them and at 20% off we both got a price of $323.79. She tried to book me at this price but the end price always defaulted to $388.22 somehow. Her resolution department told her the discount price was $388.22 and that was all she could tell me. I asked why they'd advertise a 4% off sale as 20%? No answer and certainly out of her control. She was very nice, just couldn't do anything. It's concerning because if someone went to book on my cruise planner not knowing regular prices they'd book at a hardly discounted rate thinking they saved 20%. I'm just going to keep checking my cruise planner periodically to see if anything changes, but it's definitely strange.

I have a drinks package included in my cruise so can't comment on that but I had have lots of conversations with RC regarding the Internet packages. As you rightly say when you multiply any of the packages by 7 they all come out higher than they should. Nobody has been able to explain to me why, it's just a case of shrugging their shoulders and saying that is the price take it leave it, I wrote to the CEO and complained and ended up paying for a package but got a $50 credit to my onboard account to make up for the overcharge. It is a proper shambles and to be honest has put me off RC.