Individual drink prices

@Rowefam5, welcome to the RCBlog forums!

It sounds like you're specifically looking at the Refreshment Package. Don't forget this also covers bottled water, which is handed out as you leave the ship in every port as well as being available at any bar on board; that runs a couple bucks per bottle without a package.

Specialty coffees generally range between $4.50 and $7.50, depending on size, extras you add like syrups, hot vs cold / frozen beverage, etc. If you click on "Menus" at the top of the screen, there should be some photos posted by people showing the coffee menus on board. The Live Blogs by @twangster, @Lovetocruise2002, and others often include photos of the coffee menu and other drink menus on board.

Fresh squeezed juice is $3 or $4 if I'm remembering right. Know that you have to specifically request it -- the glasses of orange juice sitting out ready for pick-up in the Windjammer are not fresh-squeezed; there is one specific area in the WJ where they have the juicer, and crew there will point it out to you if you ask. When having breakfast in the MDR, you need to tell your waiter you want fresh-squeezed; if you just say "orange juice", you will get the from-concentrate stuff.

I can tell you that on my last sailing on Anthem (5-night Bermuda trip), I went with the Refreshment package after getting a good sale price, and bought all alcoholic drinks a la carte along with bringing 2 bottles of wine on board for with dinner. I was totally happy with this route, and still ordered alcoholic drinks as I wanted them without worrying about the price. Came out well ahead vs buying the Deluxe package, and no drink fatigue! I was having 2 cappuccinos, a fresh-squeezed juice, and at least 2 bottles of water every day. Easily broke even with the price I paid (around $18/night).

12 minutes ago, Rowefam5 said:

We normally just drink tap water at home and were planning to just bring a Yeti or similar bottle and fill it to have water and take when we leave the boat.  Is that not a good idea?  Does the water taste "bad"?

I’ve not had an issue with the tap. 

1 hour ago, Rowefam5 said:

We normally just drink tap water at home and were planning to just bring a Yeti or similar bottle and fill it to have water and take when we leave the boat.  Is that not a good idea?  Does the water taste "bad"?

1 hour ago, ellcee said:

I’ve not had an issue with the tap. 

I've also been fine with the tap. Just be aware that even without Coronavirus being around, you will either need to fill your bottle from the bathroom tap in your cabin, or else get a glass / cup of water at the Windjammer / bar / etc, then pour that into your Yeti. This is for health safety and applies to all passengers.