Early booking

15 minutes ago, JanOlivier said:

Everybody always advise people to book early. Well I booked Oasis of the Seas for 31 May 2020 back in September 2019 and it cost me £847.00 per person. Today I can book this same cruise, same cabin for £456.00.

Now Where's the sense in booking early?????? 

Given the current state of affairs, I think all logic is out the window. Typically, it's always better to book in advance, not only for price, but for better choice of cabins.

Agreed.  Today's CV madness is causing erratic pricing and is not typical.  Trust me....aside from this market mayhem, booking early is always the best thing to do.

Is Royal Caribbean allowing European bookings to take advantage of the "Cruise with Confidence" cancellation policy ?  If so, cancel your old booking and buy at the lower price !

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Agreed.  Today's CV madness is causing erratic pricing and is not typical.  Trust me....aside from this market mayhem, booking early is always the best thing to do.

Is Royal Caribbean allowing European bookings to take advantage of the "Cruise with Confidence" cancellation policy ?  If so, cancel your old booking and buy at the lower price !

This!!

Can also look at this as an opportunity to do an inexpensive upgrade of your cabin. Last December I was in a similar situation where they’d slashed prices top an absurd level in the last couple weeks before we left.  Called in to see if I would be able to upgrade my cabin, for just over $20 I moved from an inside to a balcony.

Worst case you get a vacation at a price you were happy with in September, best case you get a better vacation than you were expecting ?

I love what @Matt says.  At Final payment he doesn't look anymore.  He knows I will take care of him as his TA but at final he is ok paying what he paid.

Many cruises have last minute inventory sales - even before the virus.  There are always people that didn't need to plan to take a cruise and can wait to find the last minutes deals.

8 hours ago, JanOlivier said:

Everybody always advise people to book early. Well I booked Oasis of the Seas for 31 May 2020 back in September 2019 and it cost me £847.00 per person. Today I can book this same cruise, same cabin for £456.00.

Now Where's the sense in booking early?????? 

I suspect if you looked at this 1-2 weeks ago, prior to the non-Asia coronavirus hype, you would have seen a much higher price.  It's still good advice.  Nobody can predict events like this.