MEI travel agents?

8 minutes ago, Natalfaz said:

Wow, thats great to know, can i ask who you use at MEI? 

I use Michelle Cunningham. [email protected]

I found her recommended here on the boards and have been very happy with her service.

One thing to bear in mind is that your cruise pricing has to be in US dollars so the exchange rate against your currency may sometimes be in your favour and sometimes not.

7 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I use Michelle Cunningham. [email protected]

I found her recommended here on the boards and have been very happy with her service.

One thing to bear in mind is that your cruise pricing has to be in US dollars so the exchange rate against your currency may sometimes be in your favour and sometimes not.

I live in Spain so will be the same as you Euros😊 how do you do the payments, by card or transfer? 

12 hours ago, Natalfaz said:

I live in Spain so will be the same as you Euros😊 how do you do the payments, by card or transfer? 

Hello neighbour! 😊

I paid by card. Initially, I booked the cruise I wanted on Royal's US website (you can change the website country at the top of the home page) to get the booking in dollars. When you do that you have to pay the deposit on the website immediately. I then emailed Michelle with the booking number and asked her to take the booking over. She replied within a few hours (remember she's 6 hours behind you so there's bound to be a bit of a delay) to say she was processing it and then in the next couple of days I received emails both from her and from Royal confirming that the process was complete. She also sent me a form to sign electronically confirming the booking was to be handled by her. 

When it was time to pay the balance, she sent me details with a form that I could email back to her and her phone number to call, if I preferred,  to give her the card details. The thing that is different from here in Europe is that she will use your card to pay Royal directly. She does not ever hold any of your money the way travel agents do here, so your card statement will show payment to Royal. For this reason, it's probably not possible to pay by transfer, although you could ask. I didn't bother because I wanted to take advantage of the travel insurance provided by the card.

However, you don't have to book on the website if you prefer not to. Simply send her an email telling her what you're looking for and she'll get back to you with suitable suggestions. That way, you will sometimes get access to group rates that are cheaper than the prices you see on Royal's website.

Sorry if I've given you a ton of information you didn't really need; I just wanted to be as helpful as possible. 😊

7 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Hello neighbour! 😊

I paid by card. Initially, I booked the cruise I wanted on Royal's US website (you can change the website country at the top of the home page) to get the booking in dollars. When you do that you have to pay the deposit on the website immediately. I then emailed Michelle with the booking number and asked her to take the booking over. She replied within a few hours (remember she's 6 hours behind you so there's bound to be a bit of a delay) to say she was processing it and then in the next couple of days I received emails both from her and from Royal confirming that the process was complete. She also sent me a form to sign electronically confirming the booking was to be handled by her. 

When it was time to pay the balance, she sent me details with a form that I could email back to her and her phone number to call, if I preferred,  to give her the card details. The thing that is different from here in Europe is that she will use your card to pay Royal directly. She does not ever hold any of your money the way travel agents do here, so your card statement will show payment to Royal. For this reason, it's probably not possible to pay by transfer, although you could ask. I didn't bother because I wanted to take advantage of the travel insurance provided by the card.

However, you don't have to book on the website if you prefer not to. Simply send her an email telling her what you're looking for and she'll get back to you with suitable suggestions. That way, you will sometimes get access to group rates that are cheaper than the prices you see on Royal's website.

Sorry if I've given you a ton of information you didn't really need; I just wanted to be as helpful as possible. 😊

Wow! Thanks a lot for all that info, it is very helpful indeed 🙂

• 1 year later...

If I already have a MEI agent can I switch?  I have asked for pricing three times she always says she’s working on it but hasn’t responded in two weeks. Do I give her more time?  I’m looking for 2024 pricing for about four cruises so that I can make a decision.  ( I have one cruise booked thru her already).

1 hour ago, SUSAN1129 said:

If I already have a MEI agent can I switch?  I have asked for pricing three times she always says she’s working on it but hasn’t responded in two weeks. Do I give her more time?  I’m looking for 2024 pricing for about four cruises so that I can make a decision.  ( I have one cruise booked thru her already).

@Beci

1 hour ago, SUSAN1129 said:

Hi @Susan1129    It should never take that long to get you a cruise price. Our policy is to always reply within one business day at most.  May I ask if you checked your spam folder?  Sometimes that creates an issue for us.  If it's not there, I am very happy to check into the situation and assign a new advisor for you. 

Please email me directly at [email protected] with the last communication you had and we will ensure you are taken care of and get the info you need by tomorrow. 

I appreciate your posting so we can course correct the situation. 

18 hours ago, SUSAN1129 said:

Hi @SUSAN1129 -  I posted below and realized it didn't actually tag, so posting this...  I also sent you a PM.  I havent heard back from you yet, but I will be watching for a reply and we will get you taken care of.  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, USCG Teacher said:

You email @Beci at [email protected], and she'll either get you set up herself or get you in contact with someone who can straight away. 😉👍🏼

Hi @USCG Teacher

The fastest way to get a quote is to -- go to royalcaribbeanblog.com   - and fill out the form on the right side. this goes directly to us and we will assign an advisor. 

If you have any trouble with the form, just email me directly and I will get you to a vacation advisor.   

Have a great day!