MEI travel agents?

7 minutes ago, tiny blonde said:

Does anyone have experience with Stephanie at MEI? She was helpful to me once and I'm thinking of booking with her, but I hear a lot about how great Michelle is.

We are currently using Danette with MEI. Only good things to say about her. I think you cannot go wrong with any of the agents who have received positive reviews here on the blog. Or you can reach out to @AnnetteJackson with a private message if you need some guidance.

Happy cruising!

25 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

We use Stephanie all the time and she is always great with our bookings.There are several MEI agents and everyone has their favorites. Ours is Stephanie as she has always done us great and has been able to accommodate all our crazy requests.

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to hear!

5 minutes ago, tiny blonde said:

Thanks, PRebecca!! I'll stick with her, then.

Perfect! All of our agents are great, but there are times that communication styles dont match.  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any concerns and I can get you moved to another agent that works more to your communication style.

36 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Perfect! All of our agents are great, but there are times that communication styles dont match.  Feel free to reach out to me if you have any concerns and I can get you moved to another agent that works more to your communication style.

Annette, are you a TA with MEI?

@AnnetteJackson

23 hours ago, Shari3 said:

Michelle is awesome at MEI. Very patient and responds very quickly. I’m so glad I listened to others recommendations to use her. 

It turns out I was mistaken about Stephanie having helped me before, it was Michelle, so I want to reach out to her. But there are two Michelles at MEI – Michelle Cunningham and Michelle McKnight. Which is the Michelle you all are raving about, and is there any way I can check which one was helpful to me previously?

On 3/8/2020 at 11:16 AM, Neesa said:

We can't say enough about Sharla Manglass [email protected]. Takes great care to make sure our sailings are priced at the best rates. Waking up to an email saying you just saved $840.00 plus you now have $300.00 OBC, yes We love Sharla!!

I just got set up with Sharla and she is AMAZING... she was handling stuff for us late in the evening on Friday! I booked our trip myself but with all the COVID-19 stuff going on I switched it over to her to be sure we were covered. Really a fantastic experience so far! 

Just now, ellipses127 said:

I just got set up with Sharla and she is AMAZING... she was handling stuff for us late in the evening on Friday! I booked our trip myself but with all the COVID-19 stuff going on I switched it over to her to be sure we were covered. Really a fantastic experience so far! 

She's off until Friday on a getaway, and even offered pass a booking request I made today along to someone if I wanted to book before she got back on land.

I don't know about anybody else, but to me, that's good customer service.

Given the availability of my preferred cabin type on my target cruise as of this moment, I told her I think I can wait til then, but if that changes, I'll let her know.

40 minutes ago, tiny blonde said:

@AnnetteJackson

It turns out I was mistaken about Stephanie having helped me before, it was Michelle, so I want to reach out to her. But there are two Michelles at MEI – Michelle Cunningham and Michelle McKnight. Which is the Michelle you all are raving about, and is there any way I can check which one was helpful to me previously?

Michelle Cunningham does a lot of Rccl... 

@Chadster Same for me, after saving me an additional $800.00 on my August 2020 sailing on the Mariner yesterday Sharla let me know she was taking a quick getaway, and same if I could not wait she had someone who would take care of me, NOPE! I'm waiting for Sharla she has earned that from our family. Did I mention she just saved me another $800.00? She is amazing! I hope she has a most wonderful and relaxing getaway :)

58 minutes ago, Neesa said:

@Chadster Same for me, after saving me an additional $800.00 on my August 2020 sailing on the Mariner yesterday Sharla let me know she was taking a quick getaway, and same if I could not wait she had someone who would take care of me, NOPE! I'm waiting for Sharla she has earned that from our family. Did I mention she just saved me another $800.00? She is amazing! I hope she has a most wonderful and relaxing getaway ?

How much did she save you? I don't think you mentioned it. ?

All I know is, these are clearly very fluid times with inventory, and now is definitely the moment to have a travel agent/advocate on your side!

2 hours ago, tiny blonde said:

@AnnetteJackson

Michelle Cunningham is who I use 

AHHHHHHHHH! Thanks to quick work by @AnnetteJackson and Kelley at MEI (and of course, Sharla, even though she's off on her getaway!), I was able to leverage MEI's presence on/sponsorship of this board to snag one of the aft balcony cabins that popped up for the June 4 sailing of Adventure of the Seas! I went from booking myself into an interior cabin on Grandeur a little over a month ago to the exciting notion that I'll get to have a great view as a newer ship with more options for dining and activities sails away and along! It wasn't a free upgrade, of course, but when all is said and done, I'll have spent just $400 extra to be on a newer ship and have an aft view and spacious cabin, plus a little to get myself up to Cape Liberty!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH, MEI TEAM!!! ?

Maybe now, I can breathe and take a break from obsessively watching availability and pricing, all while plotting and planning. I tend to get laser-focused on things, and I certainly have been with my upcoming cruise. What a ride -- but oh, my, what a sailing it'll be at the end!

On 3/8/2020 at 10:03 AM, FManke said:

We are currently using Danette with MEI. Only good things to say about her. I think you cannot go wrong with any of the agents who have received positive reviews here on the blog. Or you can reach out to @AnnetteJackson with a private message if you need some guidance.

Happy cruising!

We use @Danette LeBlanc as well, she has been amazing to me and my wife. I started using MEI Travel because of this board. Thank you @Matt!!!

@Chadster

We utilize Sharla (MEI) also and vowed to just wait until she returned if we needed anything BUT THEN a previously sold out cabin opened up in the category that I desired for Thanksgiving 2020 on the Odyssey and I was like," rut row" now what?  I knew she would check her emails on Holiday & did not want her to see my name I wanted her to relax! So I private messaged @AnnetteJackson on this blog and she was wonderful, she sent my info to Kelley Hardy with a message to me if I didn't hear from her to reach out and someone else would help while Sharla was away because Kelley was now dealing with this situation as well as her and Sharla clients. I logged off the blog and Kelley was already in my email, she was sweet and kind and did her best to help me while Sharla was away. Kudos to the MEI team, so happy I found this blog and ultimately MEI !

scared scooby doo GIF by Boomerang Official

@Neesa This is exactly what happened with me! I talked with Sharla about the June cruise on Adventure just before she left, and she told me if I wanted to wait to get back, she'd book it for me. Well, that's when all the madness started, I saw prices on Adventure were really awesome. I didn't want to take something away from Sharla, so I PMed Annette and asked her if there was any way somebody could put a courtesy hold on a cabin for me, but that I could still work with Sharla. Annette had a courtesy hold for me in a few minutes, and shortly thereafter, my connection with Kelley happened, and she's been a champ through it all -- even after I've said more than once "I shouldn't need anything else!", an email has gone out to her because of the fluid situation, and she's always helped me!

Now I'm trying to give them a break from me for a couple of days! ?? Besides, RCCL hasn't got any update on the situation with Canadian ports before July 1, so they can't really do much for me, even if I wanted them to!

MEI has been amazing! Somehow, their training and cool heads are able to handle me and my obsessiveness -- not even my loved ones can do that some days! ??

I looked at the MEI site and their prices are similar to most for the August 22nd sailing I’m looking at, but a bit pricier than some.  Are they able to work with the price at all?  I’m willing to pay a bit more for great service, but wondering if the price on the website is what you get.  I want o act quick and get a deposit down before April 13th when most people with and FCC will look to book.  RCCL also has some good incentives now, some of which expire March 17th

16 hours ago, ebeck88 said:

I looked at the MEI site and their prices are similar to most for the August 22nd sailing I’m looking at, but a bit pricier than some.  Are they able to work with the price at all?  I’m willing to pay a bit more for great service, but wondering if the price on the website is what you get.  I want o act quick and get a deposit down before April 13th when most people with and FCC will look to book.  RCCL also has some good incentives now, some of which expire March 17th

I find that I use Royal's site directly to price out cruises that I'm looking at and then I take it to my MEI agent to quote it.  Usually the TA can't undercut the cruiseline prices unless they locked in a group rate of some sort. 

The bigger agencies do this a lot which is why you may find cheaper prices.  But you give up the personal level of service that you would get from working with a smaller agency.  Plenty of folks found this out when they had to sit on the phone trying to get through to a large agency's call center.

MEI can get you the same incentives as booking directly with Royal.  Best thing to do is contact MEI and get set up with an agent to immediately start working with to take advantage of the current RCL promotion.

You can also book yourself directly and transfer it to a TA within 60 days.

• 1 year later...