Price drop

TonyK

I am going  on HOS in 28 days , my room  is an ocean  view  balcony.  I have noticed that the price  has dropped $900 for the same cruise with  a large balcony.  Can someone tell me if it is worth  calling RC and asking for some  type of on board  credit or something  else?

14 hours ago, TonyK said:

I am going  on HOS in 28 days , my room  is an ocean  view  balcony.  I have noticed that the price  has dropped $900 for the same cruise with  a large balcony.  Can someone tell me if it is worth  calling RC and asking for some  type of on board  credit or something  else?

Why not just cancel and rebook? Given the COVID-19 cancellation policy, couldn't you do that? Best to bring in a TA on this one.

3 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Why not just cancel and rebook? Given the COVID-19 cancellation policy, couldn't you do that? Best to bring in a TA on this one.

Be careful with this..... with the amount of FCC they are going to be processing it could take a month before you get that FCC that you could then apply.  The FCC will also have the cruise you cancelled on it with the sailing and date - many times they will catch this and not allow it to be applied to the same sailing you were on, but a different one.

14 hours ago, gi333 said:

Tried it already. No luck. Will try again as soon we get closer. 

They should do this for you.  Its called a complimentary upgrade - where you ask for an upgrade knowing that you will not get a refund.  Even in the TA call center we can get someone that is not aware they can do it and we have to call back.... so good luck!

38 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

The FCC will also have the cruise you cancelled on it with the sailing and date - many times they will catch this and not allow it to be applied to the same sailing you were on, but a different one.

Thanks for this heads-up, Annette; I had originally considered doing this, but wondered if that would cause an issue. All the more reason I'm glad I'll be changing dates now!

3 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Be careful with this..... with the amount of FCC they are going to be processing it could take a month before you get that FCC that you could then apply.  The FCC will also have the cruise you cancelled on it with the sailing and date - many times they will catch this and not allow it to be applied to the same sailing you were on, but a different one.

See! This is why you use a TA like @AnnetteJackson and Sharla at MEI!!

Saturday I called and got my cruises repriced.  I have two cabins booked for a back to back in May on Indy (spacious ocean view W/ balcony) I was able to upgrade to a junior suite for both cabins for both cruises for a total of $527.  This is my daughters graduation trip.  I hope the hysteria is over. 

On 3/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, TonyK said:

Any luck? Or did you get an upgrade?

On 3/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, TonyK said:

Since you are cruising between March 15th & April 10th your cruises will be cancelled & you will be issued. Refund in the form of FCC if you don’t call and let them automatically cancel your cruise, but if you call Royal Caribbean & cancel the cruise & ask for the refund to go back to your credit/debit card. According to their website under the COVID-19 travel advisories says that “Royal Caribbean will automatically cancel all cruises between March 15th & April 10 & issue FCC.