Fluctuations in Royalup bid ranges

I recently revisited an existing Royalup submission with the intention of revising a bid. I was surprised to see that the range of the acceptable bids had changed. In my example, the minimum had increased by $200  pp, and max was higher. Has anyone else experienced this?

One time when I placed the minimum bid I revisited it and found the minimum bid amount had increased.  Being over my personal limit I figured my bid was meaningless so I cancelled my bid.  Low and behold the minimum bid went down.  I bid the minimum again and the that caused the minimum bid to go up again. 

So it seems there is some sort of threshold and once that is reached the minimum bid can change.  

Since this has already happened, I don't seeing it changing in the near future with all the uncertainty going on these days. If people are allowed to cancel as late as 48hrs before a sailing, the fluctuations up and down could happen to the last minute for the near future.

As @twangster said, there probably is a threshold, let's say they have received 5 minimum bids for 5 select cabins available. Why wouldn't RC just raise the minimum to try and get higher bids before accepting those bids? It's just more supply and demand at that point.

15 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

I had the minimum bid price drop this past week probably die to the number of withdrawals from our upcoming cruise. Have never seen this occur before and probably will not again. Our particular cruise went from sold out in all categories to all open in a span of three days.

I would think we will be seeing more of this at least in the near future.

If you are cruising in the next month or so, I would watch for price dips so that you can possibly adjust to an upgrade for what you are already paying or pay a smaller amount to upgrade.  Seeing lots of people in March where they paid for interior and for the same price they are moving up to Balcony or even Spacious Balcony.  Cant get the refund on the cost, but at least get a better room.

21 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

If you are cruising in the next month or so, I would watch for price dips so that you can possibly adjust to an upgrade for what you are already paying or pay a smaller amount to upgrade.  Seeing lots of people in March where they paid for interior and for the same price they are moving up to Balcony or even Spacious Balcony.  Cant get the refund on the cost, but at least get a better room.

Who wouldn't want to have a better cabin for the same price? It's like a RoyalUp without a bid or additional cost! Sign me up!

11 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

We're on Symphony May 2. Our Grand Suite  dropped a lot after final payment.  After an hour with RC out TA got us an upgrade into an Owners Suite no extra cost and we keep our OBC. 

26 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

We're on Symphony May 2. Our Grand Suite  dropped a lot after final payment.  After an hour with RC out TA got us an upgrade into an Owners Suite no extra cost and we keep our OBC. 

The only bad news here is that once you stay in an Owners Suite you will never want anything less, again.  Congratulations !

18 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

If you do this, do the purchases you’ve already made stay intact or do you need to rebook? Example, if someone got in on the $18 DBP would that move to the “new” reservation or is it canceled?

57 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

If you do this, do the purchases you’ve already made stay intact or do you need to rebook? Example, if someone got in on the $18 DBP would that move to the “new” reservation or is it canceled?

If you are upgrading then all the cruise planner purchases will go with you.  If you are canceling and rebooking, then they won't.

3 hours ago, BunnyHutt said:

Just make sure they are keeping your same reservation number and all is good.  Every once in awhile they will try to say they have to cancel and rebook you to get the deal - that would make  for a mess and you could lose that drink package.

13 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The only bad news here is that once you stay in an Owners Suite you will never want anything less, again.  Congratulations !

Thanks? ? That's what we're thinking too. We already have one for next year but given the opportunity now, we figured let's do it and confirm our suspicions.