GTY Anxiety

deep1

This next cruise (4/4 on Indy) has been a roller coaster of emotions. My fiancee and I loved the ship and the cabin we had last year. So much so that we got impulsive and went to next cruise... We asked if there were any OV cabins with 2 pullmans in the area of the room we had and loved. They flat out said no. They showed us one in the bow as being one of "the only ones". We bit and had to pay extra since "we chose it". They did give us an ok OBC though.

Got back home and did a mock booking and low and behold there was exactly what we were looking for RIGHT NEXT to the room we loved! They upcharged again and took our OBC to book that room! Recently (as many of us know) rates have crashed recently... Of course a few days after final payment.  I know no refunds but I went to work on upgrades. I had a few tell me they don't do that. Then finally I connected with a reasonable team and negotiated  a deal where I was happy. I added some $$$ Make it happen but happy. 2 Balconies instead of the 1 crammed OV.  It hurt like hell having to cancel had the excursions I had so painstakingly waited for price drops to book. (So far they have only gone up  since rebooking at what was full price) .  

Now my anxiety... The balconies we upgraded to are GTY... About 10 days ago I got emails saying "Your new e-docs are ready !"   Not only did they not have any new info about what room the "Balcony" part of "Balcony GTY" vanished???  Called and they put that back on. Last night got  emails again saying "your guest vacation documents are ready". Same thing as before no room, no luggage tag assignments, set sail passes on line show GTY, more details does show Balcony as well. So I have nothing to print at this time. Went to check my app . Its not functioning and said to call RCL. I called, hour on hold then they told me the app is broken.?  We havn't told the teens about having two rooms and want it to be a surprise. Have some fun plans about how we are going to let them know but can't dial in details ,  til they are assigned... Making me nervous with the new bookings and cancellations changing whats available in fluid fashion. Twice in last few days they were showing all balconies sold out ship wide as well as Junior Suites. Last night one 1br grand suite and 8 balconies remained...   I know they can wait til last minute to let you know. Whats the latest anybody has been notified. I've always been past the 30 day mark and we're in the 28 day range now... 

I want to back up the first part of your story.  You said that you booked the OV rooms at Next Cruise and then when you realized later that there were rooms closer to where you wanted to be, you had them changed but they charge you extra $$ and you lost your Next Cruise booking OBC ?  That doesn't sound right to me.  If you simply changed rooms within the same cabin category, there should have been absolutely no change in price nor should you have lost your booking OBC.  Were the second set of rooms a different category ?

34 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I want to back up the first part of your story.  You said that you booked the OV rooms at Next Cruise and then when you realized later that there were rooms closer to where you wanted to be, you had them changed but they charge you extra $$ and you lost your Next Cruise booking OBC ?  That doesn't sound right to me.  If you simply changed rooms within the same cabin category, there should have been absolutely no change in price nor should you have lost your booking OBC.  Were the second set of rooms a different category ? S

Same exact square footage , same exact layout, different "number " perhaps but exact same room exact same deck, just better location.  I see they label lots of very similar or identical rooms with a few different "classes" . They try (accomplish)  to up charge  or otherwise stick it to people when switching... "Oh thats a N8 and you are moving to a N3 ... They are both 184 sq ft, they both have the same window, they are 50 feet from each other on the same deck and hall   but they're "Different"... 

It was 400 upgrade and lost 200 OBC..  On the mock booking that listed our desired room they showed the same price we paid originally for the first room...  First and only time I did at Next Cruise and left a really bad taste in my mouth. I would have cancelled all together not worrying about the 400 lost deposit  but I was committed to Fiancee and her kids ...

Though I was fuming and feeling burnt with the one room, I'm happy now with the upgrades...  Just want my room assignments... ?

25 minutes ago, deep1 said:

It was 400 upgrade and lost 200 OBC..  On the mock booking that listed our desired room they showed the same price we paid originally for the first room...  First and only time I did at Next Cruise and left a really bad taste in my mouth. I would have cancelled all together not worrying about the 400 lost deposit  but I was committed to Fiancee and her kids ...

Though I was fuming and feeling burnt with the one room, I'm happy now with the upgrades...  Just want my room assignments... ?

Did you try the Apple Wallet hack (send your Set Sail Pass to Wallet if you have an iPhone) to see your room assignment? It worked for us and we’re still 36 days out. It could still change but it shows the room they’re holding for you. 

2 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

Did you try the Apple Wallet hack (send your Set Sail Pass to Wallet if you have an iPhone) to see your room assignment? It worked for us and we’re still 36 days out. It could still change but it shows the room they’re holding for you. 

Just tried and showing just the GTY... ?

43 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Same exact square footage , same exact layout, different "number " perhaps but exact same room exact same deck, just better location.  I see they label lots of very similar or identical rooms with a few different "classes" . They try (accomplish)  to up charge  or otherwise stick it to people when switching... "Oh thats a N8 and you are moving to a N3 ... They are both 184 sq ft, they both have the same window, they are 50 feet from each other on the same deck and hall   but they're "Different"... 

Ok.  It sounds like it was a category change then.  That makes sense....unfortunately

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Ok.  It sounds like it was a category change then.  That makes sense....unfortunately

Its how the get the common guy... Same exact layout, same exact everything including same exact price on line... What I'm most angry at was them deliberately telling us no such room with two pullmans existed in the part of the ship we wanted. There were a load all over that area!

1 hour ago, Biff215 said:

I might have been doing it wrong? Do I look at the base of the bar codes? Numbers seem to be possible. Opposite ends of the ship but possible...  

39 minutes ago, deep1 said:

I might have been doing it wrong? Do I look at the base of the bar codes? Numbers seem to be possible. Opposite ends of the ship but possible...  

Yes, the numbers under the barcode after the hyphen. Again this could always change, but others have reported this ended up being their room.