Adventure Ocean age brackets

CCR

We have 4 kids ages 5-9.  We are anticipating that some/all may be a bit reluctant to let us leave them initially but the odds of that go way down if they would all be able to stay together in the same group (explorers 6-8).  Does anyone have any experience with this and whether they are really strict about putting kids in separate groups based on age or are willing to allow siblings to stay together if close enough to the age range for a particular group? This can’t be the first time it’s been an issue for siblings to be separated in a such a new place with so many new people?  Thanks! 

There is no harm in asking. It will all depend on the number of kids etc. They need to maintain safe staff to kid ratios. I can tell you that on my last cruise, there were a surprising low number of kids, and many times, the adventure ocean sessions age brackets were combined into one large group. 

All this, of course, will vary by ship, sail date etc. Give it a shot, YMMV. I wouldn't worry about the kids being with new people etc, they make new friends easily. I couldn't believe by the end of the week how many kids my daughter knew and said hi to when passing on the ship.

5 hours ago, CCR said:

We have 4 kids ages 5-9.  We are anticipating that some/all may be a bit reluctant to let us leave them initially but the odds of that go way down if they would all be able to stay together in the same group (explorers 6-8).  Does anyone have any experience with this and whether they are really strict about putting kids in separate groups based on age or are willing to allow siblings to stay together if close enough to the age range for a particular group? This can’t be the first time it’s been an issue for siblings to be separated in a such a new place with so many new people?  Thanks! 

What ship are you on ? On Oasis they have totally redone the age groups. 6-12 is now one big group that may split into smaller subgroups based on age and/or interest.

I had exactly the same query. My son will be 7 and my daughter 5 - albeit only a couple of months off 8 and 6 by the time we sail. 

I’m not generally one for putting the kids in kids clubs however the Royal Caribbean one sounds great so I’d be happy to let the kids go if it’s what they wanted.

I too would want the kids to stay together though. I think I’d just head over there on the first day, let the kids have a look and ask the question - then let the kids decide if they want to go. 

You can ask to have one child moved up or moved down to be with their sibling/friend, but it's up to the staff.

In general, they tend to allow it with the caveat any issues that arise will result in the child returning to the group.