Dubai Cruise 23.03.2020 New End Port

2 hours ago, Felpi said:

RCCL has changed the route of the cruise from 23.03.2020 (Jewel of the seas) with start in Dubai. It ends new in Athens instead of Rome

How is that going to affect your cruise ?  Are you able to make alternative airline reservations ?  Is a RCCL helping with those plans/costs ?

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

How is that going to affect your cruise ?  Are you able to make alternative airline reservations ?  Is a RCCL helping with those plans/costs ?

We are on the March 23 cruise as well.  RCCL have completely changed the itenary and cancelled four ports ; Kasab, Muscat, Naples and Rome. The cruise now starts with an overnight in Dubai, and they have added three new ports; Limassol, Chania and an overnight in Athens, where it now ends. We only found this out today from our Canadian friends who we are joining on the ship. RCCL have not informed us directly yet and we leave home on Friday on our way to Dubai to join the ship.

We are also on the previous cruise on March 16 and RCCL have just cancelled the overnight in Doha and replaced it with an overnight in Abu Dhabi. The 7 night cruise now only goes to Sir Bani Yas Island and Abu Dhabi. Bahrain and Doha have been cancelled.

I’m afraid we are not having much luck at the moment. ?

2 hours ago, Jim S said:

We are on the March 23 cruise as well.  RCCL have completely changed the itenary and cancelled four ports ; Kasab, Muscat, Naples and Rome. The cruise now starts with an overnight in Dubai, and they have added three new ports; Limassol, Chania and an overnight in Athens, where it now ends. We only found this out today from our Canadian friends who we are joining on the ship. RCCL have not informed us directly yet and we leave home on Friday on our way to Dubai to join the ship.

We are also on the previous cruise on March 16 and RCCL have just cancelled the overnight in Doha and replaced it with an overnight in Abu Dhabi. The 7 night cruise now only goes to Sir Bani Yas Island and Abu Dhabi. Bahrain and Doha have been cancelled.

I’m afraid we are not having much luck at the moment. ?

Yikes !  Those are big changes.  I really wish you all the best of luck and hope Royal gets all of this squared away for you very soon.  

6 hours ago, Jim S said:

Not heard anything yet from RCCL but Celebrity Cruises published this notice on their website yesterday.

5CE6D768-BDE7-449A-B55B-B321D7FB185F.png

RCCL have yet to confirm the statement made above by Celebrity cruises regarding the UAE ports not allowing cruise ships to dock in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

I do know for a fact that the Jewel of the Seas sailed today March 9 from Dubai on a 7 night Arabian Gulf cruise. We just have to wait to find out if Jewel gets back into port and whether or not the March 16 and March 23 cruises are being cancelled. Will update the blog if and when I hear any further news.