prices for future cruses

Cile

Yesterday I checked the price of my cruise in April on Harmony for a Boardwalk balcony room for 2 people & the price was $2005.40, meal @ Johnny Rockets, Rock climbing lesson & soda package & $325 OBC which I got when I selected to keep the perks that originally came with the boardwalk balcony room when I booked the room 2 years ago. NOW THE PRICE OF THE SAME BALCONY ROOM IS $392 CHEAPER, SO THE PRICE OF THE EXACT SAME CRUISE & ROOM IS NOW $1,613.80. BUT if I call & ask for a price change I will loose my obc, meal @ Johnny Rockets, Rick climbing lesson, & soda package & $325 obc which means I will be loosing a value of $450 because the soda package is $62.93x2=$125.86 +$325=$450.86

@cile My next sailing is in June, 2020. I called my TA MEI Sharla and she was able to re-price for me at a better rate. I believe it was a newly offered Florida resident rate + 300.00 OBC. No harm in calling and trying to re-price, maybe it will come down or maybe you can get some OBC, it never hurts to ask. Always work the numbers though no matter what promotion they have going, and there will be more before your sailing I am sure, but watch closely one time I almost re-booked and when all was said and done loosing the OBC and extra's I was actually going to pay more in the end; ah I'll keep my original pricing thank you!

As of now I have zero plans to cancel this sailing, I am confident in my common sense practices and RCCL product. I live close so I can drive to the port, no flights either. 

Happy price drop hunting, enjoy your sailing :)

Wow....don’t we all wish we knew when/if prices were going up or down ?  We don’t. Nobody does. It’s all part of the game we play. There are so many factors, as Neesa said - OBC, booking incentives, resident rates.  They all have “value” so you have to consider them all in the price package.

I have so much respect for those cruise friends who are heading out this week and who decided, against all of the unknowns and scary situations to forge ahead and stay the course.  I also respect those who decided to listen to their inner alarm bells and make alternate arrangements.  That’s a very hard thing to do when you have so much time, effort, money and emotion invested. God love all of you.

Whatever each of you decides to do, good luck, have fun and be careful.

4 minutes ago, cile said:

We are going May 24 with "Harmony of the Seas" I hope by then Coronavirus will be gone. And non of my future cruises are drooping in price . 

You can continue to watch the cruise or ask your TA to do that for you.  The sailings are dropping in price and there are some good deals to be had.  Once you have paid in full and its past your paid in full date, you can complimentary upgrade your room to a higher category but not get a refund for the difference in price you paid.  Right now the cruise lines are so busy with the cancellations close in, that I/m sure its hard for the inventory management team to work too far out to look at pricing that might entice people to book close in cruises.  May 24th while close is a long way away from today with a lot of things that could happen.  Just keep watching.

@cile, Calling about a Florida resident rate could prove prudent BUT I just realized your sailing includes Memorial Day so my experience with watching the prices seem to show sailings including Holidays with the least price drops. 

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have so much respect for those cruise friends who are heading out this week and who decided, against all of the unknowns and scary situations to forge ahead and stay the course.  I also respect those who decided to listen to their inner alarm bells and make alternate arrangements.  That’s a very hard thing to do when you have so much time, effort, money and emotion invested. God love all of you.

Whatever each of you decides to do, good luck, have fun and be careful.

I second @WAAAYTOOO thoughts, be comfortable with whatever decision you land on. 

Of course it always comes down to supply and demand, but it's interesting to note that on our Greek Isle cruise leaving 10/3/20, the price difference between an Spacious Ocean View Balcony and JS is only $65, both of which is pick your own room. Seems like a no brainer choice.

On 3/7/2020 at 10:31 AM, Cile said:

I am not planing to cancel my cruise in May. But looking for cruise in October January and next May . Prices are higher now then when I put deposit. 

Thinking in terms of supply & demand, and assuming the COVID-19 situation settles down by then, I would think prices will start to go up considerably.  Not only will you have the normal cruise population booking, you'll have all of those people who cancelled right now trying to book and use their vouchers before they expire in December of '21.

I don't mind when is more people. I love big ships . I just hope by last week of May virus will be gone so we can all go cruising without worry . For now everywhere on news, on internet is suggesting people NOT to go on cruise.