RCCL Credit Card - OBC Credit Redemptions

KJ1231

So we have our 6th cruise coming up in May to Alaska on 5/15/20 (2nd trip on Radiance). I redeemed 50,000 points on the RCCL card for $500 of Onboard Credit last July. To date the reward has not shown up in the cruise planner. I called the rewards desk today and am being told that it could be two weeks before the cruise (5/1)  before the OBC gets applied. What the heck? I was hoping to use it to purchase excursions. I have another 35K points to purchase more OBC but will miss sales, etc.

Anyone else experience this? I could have sworn we did this before and got $$ applied much sooner! Anyone higher we can complain to? Will be ditching the card after this upcoming cruise if we can't get OBC in time to use it for what we want.

One caveat - if we purchase excursions now, any way to get the $$ reimbursed when they do apply the OBC credit?

HELP!

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Actually, I have never gotten my RCCL Visa OBC sooner than ~2 weeks prior to sailing.  I think I have read of someone (sorry, I can’t remember who it was) who called and got theirs available sooner, but it wasn’t me. 

Oops - sorry. I have to put my thinking cap back on now.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Actually, I have never gotten my RCCL Visa OBC sooner than ~2 weeks prior to sailing.  I think I have read of someone (sorry, I can’t remember who it was) who called and got theirs available sooner, but it wasn’t me. 

Me! I got it the same day one time. That was a while ago though. The time Before that I got it within a few weeks.

I've been able to apply the RCCL OBC credit immediately after I requested it for two sailings out of two sailing attempted . . . like within minutes. I just tell them that I have purchases that must be made today as the excursions are booking up, etc. Was even successful during Black Friday. 

23 hours ago, KJ1231 said:

So we have our 6th cruise coming up in May to Alaska on 5/15/20 (2nd trip on Radiance). I redeemed 50,000 points on the RCCL card for $500 of Onboard Credit last July. To date the reward has not shown up in the cruise planner. I called the rewards desk today and am being told that it could be two weeks before the cruise (5/1)  before the OBC gets applied. What the heck? I was hoping to use it to purchase excursions. I have another 35K points to purchase more OBC but will miss sales, etc.

Anyone else experience this? I could have sworn we did this before and got $$ applied much sooner! Anyone higher we can complain to? Will be ditching the card after this upcoming cruise if we can't get OBC in time to use it for what we want.

One caveat - if we purchase excursions now, any way to get the $$ reimbursed when they do apply the OBC credit?

HELP!

I was able on two occasions to have the rep at the redemption center force through the on board credit.  I was buying about $100-$150 in points. 

It has been our experience that if you redeem online you get the credit applied a few weeks before you sail.  We have found that if you call them they will apply onboard credit within a few days of when you call.  They explained to me once they wait because if you cancel your cruise it is hard to refund your onboard credit back.  The onboard credit awarded by the card is the same as cash, so if you do not use it all it will be refunded to you in cash as the end of the cruise.

I've gone through the same stress for a large OBC like yours. I redeemed it early like you did and kept waiting and waiting. Contacted this board and that other board and the credit card customer service and they all assured me it would post. And it did. About 2 weeks before the cruise during a drop in the drink package prices. It will show in your cruise planner about 2 weeks out. I feel your pain. 

On 3/6/2020 at 4:28 PM, KJ1231 said:

HELP!

Hello.. I have redeemed my points over a year ahead of time before my cruise.. and called and told them that I wanted to use the credit on my cruise planner.. and it should up within a hour after I called.. ..

I would  call again...