C&A <--> Captain's Club Question

Iluv4n6

We are currently booked on a Celebrity cruise for fall 2020 and will be Emerald in C&A by that time, which would translate to the Select Level in the Captain's Club.  We will be Diamond after another RC sailing in early 2021 which would translate to Elite Level in the Captain's Club with its significantly enhanced perks compared to Select Level.  Could we avoid mapping over into Celebrity's system at the Select level if we do not join the Captain's Club before or during our currently booked fall 2020 Celebrity cruise, and instead join the Captains Club at a later date and after we are Diamond in C&A?  

I see no benefit mapping our Emerald/almost-Diamond status over to Celebrity this fall if I have an option not to.  I'd rather go with no added perks in Celebrity's system for one cruise than miss out on potentially multiple cruises at the Elite level.  

Any experience with this?  

Thanks!

If I remember right, you can still get the level match at any time even if you already have a Captain's Club membership set up. Which would be a good thing since it seems I automatically got a Captain's Club membership number back when Royal and Celebrity unified their login systems.

I do remember reading that the match is a one-time deal, so definitely hold off until you hit Diamond with Royal.

Thanks, JL.  I am not positive if I can control of when the level match occurs.  I would like to delay the level match until after I am Diamond on Royal if I can.  I am concerned that if I sail my first time on Celebrity while I am at Emerald-Almost-Diamond on Royal this fall,  I will map over to Captain's Club at Select Level by default because they will simply transfer my C&A info at that time whether I request it or not.  I fully understand that mapping between systems is a one-time deal.  But I don't know if I could take one Celebrity cruise this fall and delay loyalty level matching until a second future Celebrity cruise by which time I would be Diamond in Royal's system. 

If I can't delay the level match, that may affect my decision on the fall Celebrity cruise.  Wouldn't be happy dropping from almost Diamond on RC to Select on Celebrity and never realistically being able to climb back up the Celebrity loyalty ladder to ever enjoy their Elite level.  It would be like falling 50 rungs on an adjacent ladder if you can't climb up just one more rung on your current ladder first.    

Was on hold with the Captain's Club number for while to ask about whether I have any control over when I level match from Royal, but hold times are lengthy these days...     

Thanks, Twangster!  I got through on the Captain's Club phone line this afternoon (844-418-6824), and Mr. Josh Gray with Celebrity (who said I should use his name on these boards) indicated the loyalty level match between CAS and Captains Club is not a one-time event. So if we cruise on Celebrity while Emerald in CAS, we will translate to Select Level on Celebrity on that cruise. But (in our case) after we do another cruise on Royal and are Diamond and then go back to Celebrity, we will translate to Elite Level for the next Celebrity cruise.  My concern was possibly having to build up from the bottom rung of Select Level and could only do so when cruising on Celebrity, because no future higher loyalty level on CAS would ever translate again to Captain's Club.

Perhaps this clarification will help others interpret information they find on the reciprocity between CAS and Captains Club.   Of course, nothing is static in the cruise industry, so this would be worth confirming as future sail dates approach.

Just remember it tops out at Elite.  Achieving Diamond Plus or Pinnacle doesn't help you be anything more than matched to Elite On X.  

You may find you already have a Captain's Club number assigned.  Look in your Royal account.  Mine has an Captain's Club number and an Azamara Le Club Voyage number.  Look under Account -> Profile -> Loyalty.

1697188341_RoyalCASOtherLines.thumb.jpeg.d21221f028c401dcfd420d32432774f3.jpeg

If you are emerald on RCI you will be select on X.   You will automatically be elite on X when you reach Diamond on RCI. There is no picking or choosing involved. Just go with the flow and you'll be fine.

BTW, we kinda like Celebrity better than RCI but specifically set out to reach Diamond on RCI to be Elite on X. While points totals are different on either line it turned out to be easier and cheaper to reach Diamond than Elite.  We will probably never get higher than Diamond/Elite on either.

• 4 months later...

On Royal, Diamonds and above have a club area with evening reception.  Celebrity does not have a separate area for Elite and above.  Instead they'll host a special cocktail party for Elites and above in the Captain's club.  On ships without a club area they'll do it in a bar/lounge area.