$99 Dollar Cruise!!

I Just Thought I Would Share This Deal!

Here is a kinda last minute cruise deal. It is one of the cheapest cruises I have seen for that ship out of Seattle. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/?itineraryPanel=OV03YVR-608878539

When I did the mock booking four two people it came to $422 dollars for a interior.  

2 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

Here is a kinda last minute cruise deal. It is one of the cheapest cruises I have seen for that ship out of Seattle. 

When I did the mock booking four two people it came to $422 dollars for a interior.  

WOW!  

21 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

So surcharges, taxes and port fees are more than the cruise?

I had a $99 cruise but it was on Celebrity...3 day cruise...best deal ever for me so far.

Did a 3 day on NCL which was around $199 but drinks included so really that was probably the best deal but not the best cruise...lol

I think we'll see some lower cruise prices moving forward for awhile and potentially a few really cheap last min cruises....

3 hours ago, Jaymac Radio said:

That's just a little cheaper than that cruise has been tracking for awhile -- I was keeping an eye on it for a friend of mine in Washington State who thought it might be a cool alternative for her and her girlfriends to a Vegas trip.

I almost pulled the trigger on a last-minute (as in Sunday) 7-day sailing on Anthem out of Cape Liberty. Glad I didn't, though -- I apparently have a stomach bug, and none of my hazmat suits are in fun tropical colors. ?

40 minutes ago, KWong said:

I am sad that I live on the other side of the country. And that I've used up my WestJet companion pass for the year. Otherwise the wife and I might be ditching the kids for this after May two-four weekend.

I hear you!  If airfare wasn't so pricey, I'd cruise more often!  My WJ doesn't renew until December, and I like to cruise in Dec, Jan, or Feb, so my companion voucher comes too late ?

42 minutes ago, KWong said:

I am sad that I live on the other side of the country. And that I've used up my WestJet companion pass for the year. Otherwise the wife and I might be ditching the kids for this after May two-four weekend.

Drive to Buffalo and get a flight for 1/3 the price of WJ or AC

21 minutes ago, Gears said:

Yup! That's the way to do it!

WJ and AC flight prices are a joke sometimes.

I actually just priced it out on google flights. The sticking point is that it's an open jaw flight, going cross-border.

BUF-YVR/SEA-BUF is around $540CAD pp. This includes a 2 stop, 13 hour flight to Vancouver, and a 1 stop 7 hour flight back through ORD. Might be able to finagle something better with a discount airline.

YYZ-YVR/SEA-YVR is around $680CAD pp. Direct flight to Vancouver, 1 stop 7 hour flight back through YVR. 

If I'm being honest, I could live with the price difference because of the time and stops, plus I don't have to travel an extra 2 hours to Buffalo. 

But either way, the cost of one person's flight is almost the same as the cost of an OV balcony for 2. So even if I could finagle the time off, it's probably not worth it.

10 minutes ago, KWong said:

I actually just priced it out on google flights. The sticking point is that it's an open jaw flight, going cross-border.

BUF-YVR/SEA-BUF is around $540CAD pp. This includes a 2 stop, 13 hour flight to Vancouver, and a 1 stop 7 hour flight back through ORD. Might be able to finagle something better with a discount airline.

YYZ-YVR/SEA-YVR is around $680CAD pp. Direct flight to Vancouver, 1 stop 7 hour flight back through YVR. 

If I'm being honest, I could live with the price difference because of the time and stops, plus I don't have to travel an extra 2 hours to Buffalo. 

But either way, the cost of one person's flight is almost the same as the cost of an OV balcony for 2. So even if I could finagle the time off, it's probably not worth it.

Go to southwest.com, you can't price Southwest flights online except on their website (or travel agent).

I was looking at this cruise when it was $199.  Then it went to $149.  Then it went to $99.

It's a lot of travel for a 3 night cruise and its during the work week so it's pretty much 5 days of PTO for a 3 night cruise.  Most 3 night cruises are over the weekend so you aren't consuming vacation days every day of the cruise.  If I'm taking a week off work I'd rather do a 7 night cruise that is weekend to weekend.  

There are reasonable bus transfers from SeaTac to Vancouver so if you are thinking about this flying roundtrip to SEA will save a bunch.  Any time you have Canadian landing fees and taxes airfare jumps way up.  Same reason why many folks in the GTA or Southern Ontario in general fly round trip from US border cities.   Any flight that includes a Canadian airport is more expensive.

i live just south of Seattle and would love more short cruises up here, but..... tuesday to thursday? I might as well take monday and friday off too and do a 7 night. I should take tuesday and thursday off and just do transfers for yall . haha