Corkage Fee still around?

On my last Anthem sailing, no corkage fee applied on my statement for either of the two bottles I brought on board. Will note that I had a bit of an incident with the Seaplex Dog House early in the cruise that led to a lot of comped items being given to me, so that might have played a part. But I'm doubtful given how few people seem to report having the fee applied these days.

22 hours ago, KJones said:

Officially yes. In practice it really varies on the server. You can also ask your stateroom attendant for a corkscrew and glasses, and serve yourself in your room before going to the dining venue.

I can open the bottle in my room and bring that open bottle to my MDR dinner?

17 minutes ago, HAK1906 said:

I can open the bottle in my room and bring that open bottle to my MDR dinner?

Yes, but it could still be subject to the corkage fee, if one is being assessed.  As it has been explained many times, the corkage fee has nothing to do with uncorking the bottle.

2 hours ago, FManke said:

@JLMoranCare to elaborate?

Full version can be read in my live blog of that trip (top-most link in my signature). Short version is that one of my German sausages had a big hunk of metal in it, probably sheared off at the processing plant. Brought it to Royal's attention more out of safety concern than anything else, and they proceeded to comp me for the trouble with a whole bunch of stuff, including a complimentary dinner at Jamie's Italian.

After all that, assessing a corkage fee might have been felt by them to be perceived as... silly would be one word for it. ?