Jamaica 2021- Debating between excursions

CruzOnBye

Hey there cruisers!

Hubby and I have Odyssey booked next February and one of the ports is Jamaica, and see that shore excursions are available for booking. Have any of you done these particular excursions in Jamaica, and if so, what do you recommend? We have never actually booked any excursions before and also have never been to Jamaica, so we are looking for your experience and feedback! ?

The first two really caught our eye, but if it's too cold late Feb, we might be better off with option 3?

Inner Tubing/Rafting & Dunns River Falls with Buffet Lunch (currently at $124/pp & 5 hrs 45 mins duration)-

Ride down the White River (or similar) on your tube or optional raft and then experience the beauty of the world-famous Dunn's River Falls in one fascinating tour. Admire Jamaica's north coast on your way to the White River and gently tube down the tropical valley to the beach at Shaw Park. After a delicious lunch, visit the legendary Dunn's River Falls, where you can embark on a 600-foot-climb up the waterfall. 

Blue Hole & River Tubing w/ Lunch (currently at $139/pp & 7 hrs duration)-

Jamaica’s natural splendors and hidden gems unfold before you on this full-day aquatic adventure along the peaceful White River and at the stunning Blue Hole. At the foot of the river, you’ll meet your friendly guides and be outfitted with a life jacket. Then hop in your inner tube for a relaxing float down one of the cleanest and most scenic rivers in Jamaica. Glide across crystal clear waters and over limestone riverbeds, as you meander through bamboo-arched jungle under a 17th-century Spanish bridge and past a historic coconut plantation. Browse for Jamaican treasures at the Chukka Gift Shop.

Fill up on refreshments and a delectable meal of Jamaican jerk chicken before making your way to the tucked-away Blue Hole, set amidst lush rainforest landscapes. Here you can climb along cascading waterfalls, jump off rocks into natural swimming pools, rope swing into the water, or explore underwater caves and tunnels. Nature lovers and adventure seekers of all ages get their fill on this incredible outing. 

Green Gotto Caves and Dunns River Falls- No Lunch Provided? (currently at $89/pp & 5 hrs duration)-

Discover a fascinating piece of Jamaican history as you tour caves and passageways and take a journey to the famous Dunn’s River Falls. Make way through the complex maze of chamber light holes, stalagmites, and stalactites at Green Grotto Caves—less than two miles from where Christopher Columbus first landed in Jamaica. Then visit wondrous 600-foot-high Dunn’s River Falls, where you can climb its cascading waters, sunbathe on the beach, or simply admire the Falls before returning to ship. This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.

Thank you all for your feedback!

1 hour ago, melski94 said:

We did Blue Hole and it was amazing.  All the tour guides there will say to go to Blue Hole over Dunns River Falls.

Oh nice! It's great to know what the tour guides think, that says a lot. So many great options..definitely love the idea of included island deliciousness as well! 

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/4/2020 at 9:25 AM, CruzOnBye said:

Inner Tubing/Rafting & Dunns River Falls with Buffet Lunch (currently at $124/pp & 5 hrs 45 mins duration)-

Ride down the White River (or similar) on your tube or optional raft and then experience the beauty of the world-famous Dunn's River Falls in one fascinating tour. Admire Jamaica's north coast on your way to the White River and gently tube down the tropical valley to the beach at Shaw Park. After a delicious lunch, visit the legendary Dunn's River Falls, where you can embark on a 600-foot-climb up the waterfall. 

I first did this excursion in 2005 and made sure to book the same one back in 2017. It will always be one of my favorites! Make sure to pack water shoes for both tubing and climbing the waterfall. I vlogged this excursion and you can check out the videos below.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN | ALLURE OF THE SEAS: CLIMBING WATERFALLS!

ROYAL CARIBBEAN | ALLURE OF THE SEAS: RIVER TUBING!

4 hours ago, MelKaps said:

I first did this excursion in 2005 and made sure to book the same one back in 2017. It will always be one of my favorites! Make sure to pack water shoes for both tubing and climbing the waterfall. I vlogged this excursion and you can check out the videos below.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN | ALLURE OF THE SEAS: CLIMBING WATERFALLS!

ROYAL CARIBBEAN | ALLURE OF THE SEAS: RIVER TUBING!

Oh how awesome! Thank you for posting those!!  Oh man it’s gorgeous...

21 hours ago, loki007 said:

we did Dunn River falls privately and it was great. We hired a private driver who picked us up at the port, took us to the falls (before all the cruise ship guests arrived), and then to lunch at Scotchies which was awesome. I always do excursions privately to stay away from the crowds. 

Oh that's an idea! We've never done an excursion before, we always wander around on our own, but I know there's benefits to both sticking with RCCL's and also finding your own. Will definitely keep this in mind.