Behavior 2 weeks prior Always

Neesa

For our ultimate sailing enjoyment,

We have 11 sailings under our belt (discovered cruising late in life, always thought the motion would be problematic) and while my entire family used to roll their eyes at me now they appreciate the following; (I think)

I have a desk calendar and when the sailing gets closer at 14 days all extra activities pretty much halt. Besides work and school of course we don't go to movies, restaurants and take a 2 week break with notice from our volunteering in the Community. We are hyper aware of our surroundings and self "quarantine" each and every time to the best of our ability. We have been doing this since our first sailing in 2016 when we realized the discomfort for everyone an illness would result in, and we want to enjoy to the fullest potential what our monies have purchased. Now it is old hat and my family doesn't bat an eye, okay maybe the teen when she wants to go somewhere but too bad, so sad! We are going on an expensive cruise and you will not ruin this for me!! Hahaha, 

So reading this you may be like well that's a pretty good idea OR crazy lady glad I'm not her family!! Either reaction I just wanted to share something that seems to have been working for us, enjoy your day everyone, stay safe and stay well :)

I am defn more aware of what I do eating/health/drinking wise leading up before a vacation as well as I don't want o ruin or lose a vacation I worked hard for and waited for a year for.

I don't have a regiment that I follow per se, but I get why ppl would.

Be interesting to see what some here may think or comment about this....based on some of their comments with the Covid-19 going around......

I am totally in tune with what you're describing ..... I become uber paranoid every time I hear a co-worker cough or sneeze.  We tend to ramp up our orange Consumption when it comes to Vitamin C --- We have Germ X all over the place during this time. 

In fact, we leave in 24 day for San Juan to board Freedom the following day..... so, we are in that state of heightened paranoia right now .... lucky, we live in the mountains, so, keeping our world tight is not as difficult as those that live in the suburbs or the city ... Whew.

So, yes, doing what you're doing seem completely normal to me.

I think this is on the extreme side AND I fully support it. Anyone who has been sick on any trip knows what it's like and it's awful. You're constantly trying to pull through when all you want to do is sleep but you don't want to miss anything.

I don't have anything special, I used to make sure I take my probiotics and vitamins daily about 2 months ahead and then I realized that it was stupid and I should always take these things. I just need something to do for the airplane which I think is where I've gone wrong before and gotten sick. If you've read any of my posts before you know my surroundings are fully wiped down so that's not it - but I did travel to Italy this past summer (8-9 flights) and did not get sick so maybe I figured it out.

Makes perfect sense, but I notice I tend to do the opposite.  I have so much to take care of in order to be able to go on a cruise.  I work two jobs, so I have to coordinate with both for scheduling and then allow myself time to pack get ready ahead of the cruise!  I also have limited time off, so it's hard to allocate extra days off to prepare for a vacation.  I just can't seem to get in that mindset at all, so I will work up to the minute I *have* to leave as to save as much leave time as I can for future trips!