No shows vs cancelling

1 hour ago, Anastasia said:

But in a 2 person cabin - one person cannot make it, is it better to cancel or do a no show? I’ve heard that they can charge the one person the single occupancy rate?

In general, it is best just to do nothing and allow the second person to “no show”.  That way, they can neither reprice your Cruise nor move the remaining cruiser to a different room. I think it is rare for either of these things to occur, but it’s best to just limit the potential bad outcomes.  There is no advantage to cancelling the no-show ahead of time (there will be no refund of cruise fare) so why subject yourself to potential negative outcomes for no reason ?

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

In general, it is best just to do nothing and allow the second person to “no show”.  

Isn't there also a way for the one person that does cruise to get the C&A points for the person that doesn't show? I seem to recall something about that a month or so back.

Just now, SPS said:

Isn't there also a way for the one person that does cruise to get the C&A points for the person that doesn't show? I seem to recall something about that a month or so back.

I’m not sure about this one.  I’ve heard yes and no.  It’s never happened to me, so I just really don’t know !

6 minutes ago, DanielB said:

but you no longer will receive double points.  I just sailed Symphony and the other passenger was a "no show" and I did not get double points.  I called in and was told that I would no receive as it was booked for 2 people and the other was not canceled off.  I gave up

My son sails solo and did the no show in September for some reason he got over £800 refund he paid total £2k on the Oasis and in December he got just £200 refund from Oasis total paid £1300 both times he got double points...

5 minutes ago, Jason12 said:

My son sails solo and did the no show in September for some reason he got over £800 refund he paid total £2k on the Oasis and in December he got just £200 refund from Oasis total paid £1300 both times he got double points...

I think maybe those are UK booking rules, perhaps ?  With NA booking rules, a no-show at boarding will receive no $$ refund.  Only the taxes and port fees will be refunded.  Double points is an enigma.  Some say yes and some say no.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think maybe those are UK booking rules, perhaps ?  With NA booking rules, a no-show at boarding will receive no $$ refund.  Only the taxes and port fees will be refunded.  Double points is an enigma.  Some say yes and some say no.

makes sense.
Wish he had done double occupancy for the 14 night Allure cruise in November ? instead he booked single fare and saved just a few pounds, would have been interesting to see what refund he would have gotten...

4 hours ago, DanielB said:

but you no longer will receive double points.  I just sailed Symphony and the other passenger was a "no show" and I did not get double points.  I called in and was told that I would no receive as it was booked for 2 people and the other was not canceled off.  I gave up

I would call back in again and argue that.  You sailed solo and effectively paid the price for the other passenger.  That other passenger certainly didn't get the points, so you deserve them!

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I would call back in again and argue that.  You sailed solo and effectively paid the price for the other passenger.  That other passenger certainly didn't get the points, so you deserve them!

I have called twice and spoke to a supervisor as well.  My friend just went through this a few weeks as well and did not get them.  Apparently the change happened the first of the year from what I am told