Question about room service??/

DeAnna K.

So I see it says "A convenience fee of $7.95 applies to all items listed in the all-day menu and the American section of the breakfast menu." Would this be $7.95 for each item or $7.95 per order? Just curious incase I want to order while on the ship next month.

8 hours ago, DeAnna K. said:

So I see it says "A convenience fee of $7.95 applies to all items listed in the all-day menu and the American section of the breakfast menu." Would this be $7.95 for each item or $7.95 per order? Just curious incase I want to order while on the ship next month.

Remember that continental breakfast through room service is free. Its a great way to grab a quick breakfast or as we like to do, have some fruit, coffee and such delivered earlier in the morning to have as you get ready for the day, even if we are planning a later breakfast, we often get something early to start the day. We like to think of this as breakfast "appetizers."

Happy cruising!

2 hours ago, mpink said:

We leveraged the Continental Breakfast daily (and do on all of our cruises)---  nothing better than Coffee and pastries on the balcony first thing in the morning. 

I am pretty excited at the thought of waking up to doughnuts, danishes, bagels and fruit with my coffee.....EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. 

doughnuts GIF

5 hours ago, mpink said:

We leveraged the Continental Breakfast daily (and do on all of our cruises)---  nothing better than Coffee and pastries on the balcony first thing in the morning. 

To @SteveinSC and everyone on this blog - thank you for all of the wonderful tips!! I would have never considered ordering the free continental breakfast room service, but breakfast appetizers, here I come!

@nova_gal I posses no ORIGINAL wisdom in regards to cruising. Im preparing to take my 6th cruise a month from today, and this will be my 1st after having discovered this forum/message board.  IT WAS A GAME CHANGER and I cant tell you how prepared I feel for my cruise. I, now, feel like I did every previous cruise by the seat of my pants, and cruised like a savage. It never occurred to me to have the continental breakfast appetizers every morning, either. But once I read about it on here.....BOOM. Done. The people here are amazing, and I too am eternally grateful for them. 

24 minutes ago, nova_gal said:

I would have never considered ordering the free continental breakfast room service, but breakfast appetizers, here I come!

I feel it's a perfect substitute for an alarm or a standard wake-up call!  Room service calls the room minutes before they show up with the food.

As I don't care for the room service coffee, and in fact, prefer iced coffee in the summertime/or cruising in warm weather areas, I get my iced latte (courtesy of the Deluxe drink package) the night before, stick it in the little fridge, then order pastries & toast to start the morning -- and hope DH gets up for the door :)

8 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

As I don't care for the room service coffee, and in fact, prefer iced coffee in the summertime/or cruising in warm weather areas, I get my iced latte (courtesy of the Deluxe drink package) the night before, stick it in the little fridge, then order pastries & toast to start the morning -- and hope DH gets up for the door ?

The coffee is the same as served on the rest of the ship. I would agree that it's not the best, but It's free and they bring it to me. I'll take that first thing in the morning.

On 3/4/2020 at 1:43 AM, DeAnna K. said:

Per order 

3 hours ago, AnnieBanannie said:

For the complementary continental breakfast, if you have a drink the refreshment or deluxe drink package, can you request fresh squeezed OJ with room service? Would your deluxe drink package cover the mimosa or bloody mary?

You can't use the drink packages with room service unfortunately. 

@SteveinSC Cruises exist in a pocket universe where things are all Topsy turvy. I seem to recall you can't be drunk....just either delightfully or annoyingly tipsy.  That 14th slice of red velvet will never go to your highs...you had so many pieces because it disappears. We all know only good things happens on a cruise ?.

Also I love room service but a little tip is to ask for any juices without ice. We did Continental and regular breakfast on the Mariner and by the time it arrived, the Oj and Apple juice had 2 distinct lines of demarcation. To say it was disgusting would make it seem good. I always tip for room service, but I tip for a lot of stuff so?‍♀️