What are the suite benefits (GS and above)?

We bidded for a GS but we do not know what exactly comes with it.

Do you get free internet (cf Voom)? What about free drinks (coffe, sodas, sparkling water, alcohool)? I know you have priority embarkation, and reserved seating for shows, and I expect a bigger stateroom… 

I've just discovered that I won't be able to cancel my packages if we win, because of the 3 day time gap between cancellation period and announcement that the bid has been accepted (if it has!). It is not fair play from RCCL!

1 hour ago, FroggyFlo said:

We bidded for a GS but we do not know what exactly comes with it.

Do you get free internet (cf Voom)? What about free drinks (coffe, sodas, sparkling water, alcohool)? I know you have priority embarkation, and reserved seating for shows, and I expect a bigger stateroom… 

I've just discovered that I won't be able to cancel my packages if we win, because of the 3 day time gap between cancellation period and announcement that the bid has been accepted (if it has!). It is not fair play from RCCL!

It depends on the ship. Only Oasis and (some) Quantum class come with Voom. All ships will have either a suite lounge or a concierge lounge, where select beverages are complimentary during set hours (430pm to 8pm, give or take 30 minutes). Room service will be free, and you will be able to order from the Main Dining Room menu for room service (during meal times).

A GS stateroom is an excellent size, usually with an actual tub in the bathroom. You will also have upgraded bath amenities (shampoo, lotion, soap). There will be robes for use onboard. There will likely be a suite welcome/cocktail party with ship officers in attendance; you will get an invitation in your cabin. Also, depending on the ship you may be offered a free behind the scenes entertainment tour or bridge tour.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I'm sure others will chime in!

@FroggyFlo, we were in the OS on the Harmony in November 2019. We found the refreshment package was the perfect compliment to the suite offerings as we don't imbibe that much. It was November so my "frozen drinks" were something I was not feeling either. Now for our August 2020 double dip to Coco Cay 4 Night albeit in a suite we are possibly purchasing the DBP depending on the numbers. Heat, private Island 2 of the 4 days that may be worth it. Also, reaching out to @Lovetocruise2002 if you win the bid I "think" but am not sure the concierge on board may be able to cancel your VOOM package. Have a great sailing :) Fingers crossed for you and your bid!!

Yes, Denise, you are right.  If FroggyFlo is upgraded into a full suite, the price of her VOOM package will be refunded as onboard credit.  If the onboard credit is not used during the cruise (in other words, you end up with a negative balance), that $$ amount will be refunded to the credit card used to pay for your seapass account.

So the bottom line is...you will NOT "lose" the money you spend on the internet package.  It will get reimbursed to you, one way or the other.

49 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If FroggyFlo is upgraded into a full suite, the price of her VOOM package will be refunded as onboard credit.

Yes, as my understanding goes, that is the case.  Same with Sky to Star, if you win that bid, the Genie can refund all VOOM and dining packages.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:25 AM, KristiZ said:

It depends on the ship. Only Oasis and (some) Quantum class come with Voom. All ships will have either a suite lounge or a concierge lounge, where select beverages are complimentary during set hours (430pm to 8pm, give or take 30 minutes). Room service will be free, and you will be able to order from the Main Dining Room menu for room service (during meal times).

A GS stateroom is an excellent size, usually with an actual tub in the bathroom. You will also have upgraded bath amenities (shampoo, lotion, soap). There will be robes for use onboard. There will likely be a suite welcome/cocktail party with ship officers in attendance; you will get an invitation in your cabin. Also, depending on the ship you may be offered a free behind the scenes entertainment tour or bridge tour.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I'm sure others will chime in!

On Oasis class ships you get select beers and house wines from 11a-11p in the Suite Lounge.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:54 AM, Neesa said:

@FroggyFlo, we were in the OS on the Harmony in November 2019. We found the refreshment package was the perfect compliment to the suite offerings as we don't imbibe that much. It was November so my "frozen drinks" were something I was not feeling either. Now for our August 2020 double dip to Coco Cay 4 Night albeit in a suite we are possibly purchasing the DBP depending on the numbers. Heat, private Island 2 of the 4 days that may be worth it. Also, reaching out to @Lovetocruise2002 if you win the bid I "think" but am not sure the concierge on board may be able to cancel your VOOM package. Have a great sailing ? Fingers crossed for you and your bid!!

@Neesa are you sure GS+ comes with refreshment package for free? I’m on harmony doing a royal up and haven’t seen anything on a drink package.

@BTCking, NO, no, we purchased the refreshment package, so Sorry I was unclear. I just meant with the suite offerings we were able to enjoy the suite lounge offerings and the Refreshment was enough for us to complement it. Sorry again!

We are sailing in the panoramic ocean view suite in AUGUST on the Mariner and for that sailing with 2 stops at perfect day I did purchase the DBP