Travel agent

I echo both the endorsement for MEI and for Sharla; she's been both helpful and patient with me as I find my way as a still-wet-behind-the-ears cruiser. I honestly wish I'd found a good travel agent sooner -- I made some costly mistakes...and discovered a cruise that would've been an upgrade for me over my upcoming one in every way. I'm still looking forward to my 9-day trip, but if I knew sooner what I know now because of a travel agent and this blog... ?

Not sure if I can agree with that recommendation. I currently have some cruises with a Mei Travel agent because of the great reviews. I am regretting my decision. The agent never does price adjustments for me and I always had to reach out to her.When I send her these emails, she always sounds very irritated. I think I will switch back to booking the cruises myself.

9 hours ago, Iora38 said:

Not sure if I can agree with that recommendation. I currently have some cruises with a Mei Travel agent because of the great reviews. I am regretting my decision. The agent never does price adjustments for me and I always had to reach out to her.When I send her these emails, she always sounds very irritated. I think I will switch back to booking the cruises myself.

@AnnetteJackson may be able to help sort this out for you, please sometimes there is a less then great apple in the bunch! Try [email protected], I promise you she WILL.NOT.DISAPPOINT. 

10 hours ago, Iora38 said:

Sorry to hear, I also have to do the same with my MEI agent.  My agent went on vacation and I worked with another who was very responsive and great to work with....night and day to be honest.  So not all are bad, most here praise their agents so I think that speaks volumes of the company.  

12 hours ago, Iora38 said:

I'm sorry about your experience with MEI. I cannot say I've experienced the same. Danette with MEI has been on point from day one, even though I transferred my reservation to her after the supposed cu off point. She worked hard to get my reservation transferred and has saved me $1400 in the process, repricing my cruise twice, without asking! 

13 hours ago, Iora38 said:

Hey there,

Please reach out to me so I can look into your reservations.  If things are not working well with the agent you are with, I am happy to have another agent jump in and help you.  This is not the level of service that we are wanting to provide, so I cannot jump in and make corrections if I am not aware of issues.

Please reach out to me at [email protected]

Just now, AnnetteJackson said:

Hey there,

Please reach out to me so I can look into your reservations.  If things are not working well with the agent you are with, I am happy to have another agent jump in and help you.  This is not the level of service that we are wanting to provide, so I cannot jump in and make corrections if I am not aware of issues.

That's the level of service I'm talking about!

2 hours ago, DanielB said:

Sorry to hear, I also have to do the same with my MEI agent.  My agent went on vacation and I worked with another who was very responsive and great to work with....night and day to be honest.  So not all are bad, most here praise their agents so I think that speaks volumes of the company.  

Hey there,

In reading this post, if you prefer to work with the agent that was covering. please reach out to me and we can chat about moving you to a good fit for you.  Everyone works differently as a client and a vacation planner, so sometimes its about making that right connection with the person handling your vacation.

1 hour ago, FManke said:

I'm sorry about your experience with MEI. I cannot say I've experienced the same. Danette with MEI has been on point from day one, even though I transferred my reservation to her after the supposed cu off point. She worked hard to get my reservation transferred and has saved me $1400 in the process, repricing my cruise twice, without asking! 

+1 for Danette

Thanks Annette. i just sent you an email. I didn't name names because I honestly thought that I probably had too high expectations of hoping she will monitor and reprice my cruises. Or as you mentioned maybe we just didn't click. But when I come on the forums, most people seem to have different experiences.  I just wanted to share my honest experience. Currently have a few cruises booked and 1 is upcoming.

I can give you a recommendation of who NOT to use. I had booked 2 star class suites through this guy ( well I technically transferred one to him). For my most recent cruise due to a change in my marital status I had to downgrade from an 2BRATS to a balcony. This guy went ahead and charged my ex-wife's credit card that he apparently still had on file. 

So I sent him an email asking WTF ( i was much more tactful). He sends a screenshot of the initial email he had sent my ex when we booked the cruise 2 years ago and says " perhaps next time make a note in your calendar".

If the mood strikes me to ever take another more affluent journey I sure the hell won't be booking through him.

If you didn't pick up who I'm talking about and want to know drop me a PM.

20 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Hey there,

Thanks Annette,

I do appreciate it, but it is just one cruise and it will work out.  Thanks for your support of the boards and all the valuable services MEI provides.

4 hours ago, constable145 said:

I can give you a recommendation of who NOT to use. I had booked 2 star class suites through this guy ( well I technically transferred one to him). For my most recent cruise due to a change in my marital status I had to downgrade from an 2BRATS to a balcony. This guy went ahead and charged my ex-wife's credit card that he apparently still had on file. 

So I sent him an email asking WTF ( i was much more tactful). He sends a screenshot of the initial email he had sent my ex when we booked the cruise 2 years ago and says " perhaps next time make a note in your calendar".

If the mood strikes me to ever take another more affluent journey I sure the hell won't be booking through him.

If you didn't pick up who I'm talking about and want to know drop me a PM.

Ha, I know exactly who you're talking about.  Color me not shocked.