cruise line insurance?

Mljstr

We have a TA cruise departing April 12, NJ to Southampton, UK. We are a senior couple and my husband has a lung disease although he is without symptoms at this time. So we are going to cancel this cruise out of an abundance of caution. We have  insurance through RCCL. Has anyone had experience getting reimbursement from their insurance carrier? I realize it will be in the form of a cruise credit since he is not presently ill and therefore the "cancel for any reason" will kick in at 75% cruise credit. I assume that  we would receive a full refund for the port charges, since we would not actually be injuring those charges and so it would be 75% credit of just  the actual non-refundable cabin charge.  Is that correct? 

I would appreciate any input as to how difficult/easy it is to navigate the insurance system.

21 hours ago, Mljstr said:

We have a TA cruise departing April 12, NJ to Southampton, UK. We are a senior couple and my husband has a lung disease although he is without symptoms at this time. So we are going to cancel this cruise out of an abundance of caution. We have  insurance through RCCL. Has anyone had experience getting reimbursement from their insurance carrier? I realize it will be in the form of a cruise credit since he is not presently ill and therefore the "cancel for any reason" will kick in at 75% cruise credit. I assume that  we would receive a full refund for the port charges, since we would not actually be injuring those charges and so it would be 75% credit of just  the actual non-refundable cabin charge.  Is that correct? 

I would appreciate any input as to how difficult/easy it is to navigate the insurance system.

For the most precise and clear answer, I would contact Royal Caribbean directly….