St. Maarten-Bernards Tour 1 or 2?

Cruisingmia912

21 hours ago, Cruisingmia912 said:

Just wondering what the difference between tour 1 and 2.

Or should we just do a beach day??

Thanks

It's been a few years since we did Bernard's Tours, but I think the difference is a stop at Orient beach. This beach is beautiful and worth the visit. The tour is perfect if you want to see the island. But any beach day in St. Maarten is amazing. We recently spent the day at Mullet Bay Beach, far less crowded and also has food and drink available along with beach chairs and umbrellas for much cheaper.

st maarten is amazing all around and the beach is worth the visit.  if you want to see both the island and beach without the crowds on a tour why not consider a private driver and customize it to what you want without having to wait on the group thru a tour company and do it your way.   plan your day and how much time where you want to go and enjoy spending to capture those memories. plus still get beach time out of it.  

i would do research yourself online and also work with your private driver.  remember island is divided into french and dutch side with so much to do.  if never seen planes fly over Maho beach that is a highlight for sure.  it really depends on your personal interests because there is something for everyone to do from an island drive venture with stops at landmarks etc,zip line, beach adventure, snorkeling to a foodie adventure.  every time i go there my private driver i continuously use the same person always make the day rewarding and different each time.

for me i used the private driver(Leo Brown) that was recommended by Matt and many others on the blog.   he is reasonably priced and you cant go wrong with him.  he will definitely make your day enjoyable and EVERYONE there knows him as if a celebrity no matter where he took us that day.  each visit i always contact him because he makes the day that rewarding.  he can even accommodate big groups which is cool.  its all how you want to make your day.  in december i took a friend on the memorable day with Leo and he still talks about the great time he experienced.  i am headed there again in 2 weeks and cant wait to see him again.

18 hours ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

for me i used the private driver(Leo Brown) that was recommended by Matt and many others on the blog.   he is reasonably priced and you cant go wrong with him.  he will definitely make your day enjoyable and EVERYONE there knows him as if a celebrity no matter where he took us that day.  each visit i always contact him because he makes the day that rewarding.  he can even accommodate big groups which is cool.  its all how you want to make your day.  in december i took a friend on the memorable day with Leo and he still talks about the great time he experienced.  i am headed there again in 2 weeks and cant wait to see him again.

I've heard great things about Leo! Does he normally charge per person? For the day? I keep seeing people talk about how the drivers in St Martin are reasonably priced, but I've never seen a range of what that means. 

as far as leo goes look for taxi 303...................he doesnt charge per person its a per day rate(vehicle) and his philosophy is to make your day memorable. if you have a group and split the cost its more cheaper than a ship excursion.   read up on blog Riveracruise did specifically on Leo Brown.  you will truly see how rewarding we all feel after spending a day with him in St Maarten.  

here is info 1 721 553 4290.