CocoCay & Wind Speed

We are leaving on Thursday and supposed to be at cococay on Saturday. I see the winds are supposed to be 25-30mph , will they likely skip port for the day? Or will it still depend on waves and such? If they would skip it are they likely to take us to another port and refund funds for cococay? Sorry first time on RC ? 

1 hour ago, VirginiaLawson said:

If they would skip it are they likely to take us to another port and refund funds for cococay? Sorry first time on RC ? 

Hi Virginia, welcome to the message boards!

I can share my experience with this and surely others will chime in. When we were on Mariner and missed Coco Cay due to weather we had a sea day. My excursions purchased for Coco Cay were immediately refunded.

I knew this was a possibility when I booked the cruise and had a plan B in place, so having reasonable expectations led me to have a great day even though we missed that port. As for guessing if you'll miss the port with the current forecast I can't say, but think it wise of you to explore that as a possibility! James VanFleet is RC's meteorologist (or similar) and sometimes posts on social media updates on weather that he's keeping an eye on.

I hope you make it if you're scheduled there and have a great day.

@VirginiaLawson, also welcome to the blogs, Like PRebecca said, wind is not only a factor but like you asked, the wave height is as well, and its up to the Captain to make the call, so us bloggers can only speculate. I was able to see a forecast, and the wind and waves, do look elevated, to numbers similar to where people have posted that the stop was cancelled. I hope this doesn't happen to you, but if it does just roll with it and have a great sea day instead. Excursions will be refunded Unfortunately these are things that are beyond our control and we have to make the most of a crummy situation.

The way I see it is that a missed port is an opportunity to take another cruise in the future!